Sky Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Car

Sky Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

Vehicle registration plate Car Sky Vehicle Grille

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
If you’re referring to the headlights, I’m not sure it would be as simple as ‘plug n play’. The reason I think this is because these are LED Matrix headlights with individually controlled LEDs. This would require specific hardware to run as well as a line of comms to receive info on which LED to dim etc.

#12 · (Edited)
Love ours.
The slower we charge it, the more range appears when it's done.
Wish the speedometer was centered, not on the left where we can't see it. No other gripes.

We'll be buying the 575 HP GT when they become more available and if at MSRP.

The duel-function touch controls on the lower dash is a bit distract for me, no issue with the wifie.

To charge at home free on solar and make it to Las Vegas on that charge is amazing. Free charge at the resort and make it back home.

#13 ·
Love our Wind AWD/Tech EV6. It gets a lotta looks and has been superb. I recently Picked up a real estate investment client at the airport. He's a retired investor from the northeast US. Doesn't drive, uses an executive car service in NY. He was very impressed. Couldn't believe how little the car costs measured against the performance and features.

It's very capable of "surprising" uninformed drivers of "performance" cars.

One negative...everytime I wash the car it takes an extra hour because people stop by to ask about the car, check out the interior etc.

And the range....consistently getting 320-328 now on the GOM on a full charge. Love that the car outperforms it's mileage rating.

#14 ·
@Dive Bar Casanova

Try and find a seating position which works for you with the steering wheel adjustments at full extension. I know it sounds obvious, but the further the steering wheel is from the dash, the more of the dash you can see. A higher wheel position combined with a higher seating position also helps, and puts you in more of a GT driving position giving better visibility and allowing you to place the front wheels more accurately.

Personally I never understood how people could not see part of the screen based on seat / wheel position. Regardless of height and limb length, there’s always a position that will work and give you full visibility of the display.

As a general pointer also: you should be able to rest your wrist on the top of the steering wheel with your back in full contact with the seat back. If you’re any further away, you’re compromised and will not have full control of the vehicle in a reflex-based situation.

#16 ·
Had mine for 10 days. Traded a 2015 Tesla Model S AWD for a white GT-LINE AWD.
Overall enjoying the EV6. Rides better, quieter and has a bigger battery than my 70D with 30-40 miles more range on a good day.
Voice commands need improvement. Charging door does not open at the touch 2 out of 3 times. Often have to go into the car and push the port open button. Backup camera lines are confusing and often put me too close to the other car in my driveway regardless of how I apply corrections while in reverse. Go pedal is not as precise as the Tesla at very low speeds.
It is a great looking car. Hopefully some of the minor annoyances will be fixed over time. Oh, really need OTA updates.

#24 ·
105f Wifie gets in and the Air Conditioning delivers immediate cold. No delay nor hot blast of air. Seat cooling instantly, no delay either.

Cold Mornings forgets to pre-climate-tize no problem instant heat, instant warm seat, instant warm steering wheel and the defogger up to snuff on duty too.
Wow, that is nice an EV does that. In my brand new 2022 GMC it is roll the windows down immediately for climate control matching.. as in let the 140F air out and the 105F air in.. then drive 1 mile to get some cool air finally going in the vents, and windows up, drive another mile and you are lucky if you dont feel like you need a sweat towel still.

#33 ·
Yes, me and my wife love our new Runway Red GT-Line AWD. We’ve had it a couple months and have over 2000 miles on it. No issues, everything works great but I’ve decided to install a different subwoofer in the back as the factory one is imperceptible.

Handles great in the snow, love the AWD. Our first EV and a technology marvel. Fun to drive.

#38 ·
Yeah. I like it. I'm coming up on a full year with the car and I've got things I like and things I don't. Top of my dislikes is my stereo amplifier has malfunctioned and getting this fixed is going to be a pain. I'm not thrilled with Kia America for failing to provide the software updates needed for battery preconditioning for early 2022 models -- which if it ever comes out will require a service department appointment not the over the air updates Kia hinted at last year. The phone app is frankly slow, unreliable crap -- relying as it does on Verizon Wireless instead of also having a WiFi antenna so that it could at least work when parked at home.

#40 ·
I like this car quite a bit, I don't 100% love it. The lack of software updates, especially battery preconditioning is a major disappointment in the winter. The Kia app is okay, but not great. My broken interior 120V outlet is an annoyance, but fixable soon-ish (and hopefully the small clink whenever I tap the brakes at low speed). My local dealership was pretty good to buy from, but their service department kind of sucks which affects my thoughts on the car. The lack of mount points for a roof rack and no 40/20/40 (or ski-pass through) rear seats is another small disappointment. The headlights are also okay, but worse than my last car.

That being said, I'm not negative about the car and really do like it quite a bit. The car drives well and has a good balance of comfort / sport. The summer efficiency is great, and the charging speed (when warm enough) is great. The HVAC system works well, the car is comfortable and seats decently adjustable, the sound system now seems fine, and the tech is overall good. Currently there just aren't enough good EVs out yet for everyone to have the perfect car and this car overall won out even if the competition was better in certain areas for me.

#45 · (Edited)
Yes, I absolutely love it (EV6 GT)

it’s well built, incredibly comfortable, dripping in tech and faster than pretty much anything else out there. I think if also looks really good, sort of ready to pounce!

I put my Porsche 997 in the garage when the KIA arrived and I really won’t be getting it out until we have some better weather for Sunday morning country drives.

In every other situation the EV6 is better.
My wife is now asking about when the EV4 is coming out!
L
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.