Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Bummer! Just looked outside and found my driver side rear tire is flat! Now I need to check into new tires, Looking into what's listed here and doing some research, I find that it's more confusing than ever. There's a new load rating of HL, which is more than the XL, but I cannot find any tire out there with that rating, I did see the Michelin Defender LTX M/S tire, with an XL load rating at Discount Tire.
Now, I just bought this GT-Line in AZ, and it was a used model, with the window sticker saying it has 20" tires. Now, as I was re-inflating my tire, I find that it has 19" tires. I'm not exactly happy with this discovery, but it is what it is.
Anyway, I need to come up with a good tire, and don't want noisy tires, since I really, really enjoy the quiet ride.

· Registered
12 Posts
I wouldn’t feel too bad - that probably means the original owner swapped out the stock 20s for someone else’s stock 19s, which are more efficient. It’s sort of a toss up which you think look better - I’m not terribly fond of the OEM 20s so I wouldn’t be too bothered in your situation.
Makes it a bit harder looking for tires when each place says that I have 20" wheels on my EV6GT-L, so I have to lie about which car I have.

· Registered
12 Posts
Is your flat tire pluggable? It will depend on the location of the puncture and available tread left. I can't imagine, living in AZ, that you have a need for M/S tires. The Michelins you found will undoubtedly have a much higher rolling resistance than comparable touring tires, which will affect your range.
I saw one plugged hole so far w/o taking the tire off. And though I bought the car in Scottsdale, AZ, I drove it home a week later 2000 miles to Ludington, MI. It's been snowing off/on ever since I got back. My latest leaning is the Continental CrossContact LX25, looking at a comparison from CR data.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Circle

1 - 4 of 5 Posts