Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, everyone. Newbie's first post here. I'm just curious about "Does Meridian have sort of different classes or levels of speakers providing to different brands?"
Hood Light Automotive lighting Automotive design Car

Since I remember even the same brand of speakers can provide different levels of their products to the same type of car with just a matter of optional upgrade. And I am not sure which car brand has this situation now. So, when I browse Meridian's website, I found out the Jaguar, LR, Hiphi, LG, Kia, Rivian all use Meridian. But are they any different? Do they all have the features below as mentioned on the website, too?
Product Rectangle Font Parallel Circle
Font Rectangle Parallel Magenta Circle
Font Rectangle Motor vehicle Magenta Logo

Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Logo
Font Rectangle Circle Magenta Parallel
Font Rectangle Circle Logo Symbol

·
Registered
645 Posts
Personally, I don't put a whole lot into branding on car audio systems. At the end of the day, the car manufacturer is going to set the budget for the system, determine how much space is available for the speakers, construction of the enclosures (door panels), etc. I doubt that Meridian actually manufacturers the drivers. They probably come from the same OEM as the standard drivers, though possibly with different specs. Meridian may be involved in some of the tuning and provide guidance on the specs, but I don't count on it being much more than a marketing agreement.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I don't put a whole lot into branding on car audio systems.
This. What level of work actually flows from Meridian into a system like this is completely arbitrary. It's a branding deal first, and an engineering project second and maybe not at all.

That said, the system is growing on me. I just wish you didn't have to turn it up to 45 or higher to get ANY mids or lows. But it seems to me like, louder than that, it's actually decently balanced.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In my opinion, yes. I had a Range Rover with Meridian and it was the worst sound system I've owned. Low level, impossible to balance, etc. Fast forward to the Meridian in my EV6, and I have to say it's one of the best, if not the best. Very nicely balanced with a ton of options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally, I don't put a whole lot into branding on car audio systems. At the end of the day, the car manufacturer is going to set the budget for the system, determine how much space is available for the speakers, construction of the enclosures (door panels), etc. I doubt that Meridian actually manufacturers the drivers. They probably come from the same OEM as the standard drivers, though possibly with different specs. Meridian may be involved in some of the tuning and provide guidance on the specs, but I don't count on it being much more than a marketing agreement.
Yes~ I have read some other articles mentioning how to tweak or how good is Meridian. I've pretty settled my mind that just go with it, and bear with it if it's not perfect for me. LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A whole new level of new tech on a new Kia car. I guess it's time to say this time a real futuristic car with quite balancing performance on every aspect has finally come. I, personally, have pre-ordered in my country. Looking forward to it! But I still want to make the final decision when I finally can test drive it~ Thanks, everyone~

·
Registered
61 Posts
In my opinion, yes. I had a Range Rover with Meridian and it was the worst sound system I've owned. Low level, impossible to balance, etc. Fast forward to the Meridian in my EV6, and I have to say it's one of the best, if not the best. Very nicely balanced with a ton of options.
Just curious, what genre of music do you listen to? Many of the reviews are basing their thoughts on the type of music - Pop vs Rap vs Dance vs etc. It’s the lack of bass that seems to be one big issue.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Primarily Sirius XM Hits One and BPM. I like a lot of bass, and went into the menu and adjusted it up...but it was too much, so I'm pretty much back to the default setting.
Ok, I listen to the same so this makes me feel a bit better now lol, thank you! I did hear a reviewer say that Taylor Swift sounds amazing in their EV6 😂

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I have to agree. Had the Range Rover Logic 7 HD premium 1700 watt. Then the meridian in my sport mid level. Then the B and O in my Aston Martin. Which was really just music thrown and not refined. Then the Audi etron with B/O. It’s terrible. The eV6 meridian if you will sounds incredible to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts