Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always tended to use Android Auto (in Australia) rather than the car sat nav. Maps are much more up to date.

I like the look of the HUD in the EV6...does it work with AA navigation or does that only work with the Kia navigation?

Thanks - still no EV6's in Australia

·
Registered
EV6 77kWh RWD Steel Grey (05/22)
89 Posts
Nope, only works with native app(s) like Kia Navigation.

You can't even get Android Auto or Apple Carplay apps on your main screen, let alone HUD.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nope, only works with native app(s) like Kia Navigation.

You can't even get Android Auto or Apple Carplay apps on your main screen, let alone HUD.
It works very well with the offset screen... not sure which one you mean about "main". You can also have split screen. I have Wireless CarPlay working really well with a CPlay2air adapter. I haven't tried the Android versions.

This short video shows the unit I use... IMG_5482.mov

·
Registered
EV6 77kWh RWD Steel Grey (05/22)
89 Posts
It works very well with the offset screen... not sure which one you mean about "main". You can also have split screen. I have Wireless CarPlay working really well with a CPlay2air adapter. I haven't tried the Android versions.

With main, I mean the display that shows speed etc, behind the steering wheel. Would be nice to have Google Maps or similar on that screen.

·
Registered
329 Posts
With main, I mean the display that shows speed etc, behind the steering wheel. Would be nice to have Google Maps or similar on that screen.
I see... I've always had it on the offset screen but you are right in that it would be easy to display some on that screen too. That screen is not touch sensitive of course.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Great thanks... I use Android Auto via a similar dongle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts