Kia EV Forum banner

Does the EV6 have any kind of GPS tracking? If not, how best to add a tracker?

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  YetAnotherKiaer 
#1 ·
Does the EV6 (as sold in the UK - I imagine there can be differences from country to country) have any kind of built-in GPS tracking?
I am thinking of some kind of GPS tracking system should the car be stolen.

If it doesn't, have any of you fitted one?

I am familiar with trackers for motorcycles but not for cars so any insight or recommendation would be useful. Motorcycle trackers typically alert you when the bike is moved without being turned on (e.g. loaded in a van, but much less relevant for cars) or when it is moved without a matching keyfob the driver must keep next to the car key.

#5 ·
Signal blockers are easy enough to come by. Any decent car thief would have this disabled before you even know your car is gone.

#8 ·
A low cost option for motorcycles is this: The Smart Motorcycle GPS Tracker It has its own battery so it doesn't drain the bike's - this is a concern with motorcycles, which have small 12v batteries (from 6Ah to 12Ah) but much less so with cars, which have huge batteries by comparison. You must carry a tag; it's relatively cheap because you get an automated call but not a call from a monitoring station staffed by real people. I have read good reviews of the Scorpion car trackers, which use a similar concept - either a fob or a thingy on your phone, and a monitoring station calls you if they detect movement without your fob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.