Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up my RWD Long Range and was asking a dealer on why there is no Vehicle-to-Load adapter - they said that it is not supported on this trim, but I have doubts about it because I don't find confirmation on the internet. Does anybody know if this is the case?

Luggage and bags Bag Grey Composite material Auto part

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to https://www.kia.com/us/en/ev6/specs-compare, the US-spec Light RWD does not include the Vehicle-to-Load external port or the interior Onboard Power Generator. These are included on the Wind and GT-Line trims.
Thanks for the link! (y)
But I am not sure of naming... isn't my trim "RWD Long Range" considered as "Wind" or it is still "Light" but just + LongRange?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Light Trim RWD with 58 battery and have been told the same thing. However, I do have the function to set the discharge level for the V2L but no adapter came with the car. Further there are no plug in receptacles near the rear seat.
My understanding is that the Wind trim does have the V2L and should have an adapter included.
Since you stated "long range" I'm guessing you have a Wind RWD
Where in settings you can "... set the discharge level for the V2L ..." on your car?
Maybe we should go to Kia dealer, ask for the V2L adapter (from their GT line demo car) and try to plug it in to ours.. See if it works.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The setting is available on the "EV' tab from the home screen.
Just realized you have a Canadian version. There may well be a difference in the spec
Please let us know what you learn.

yeah Canadian version,
I was also got confused with "Light", "Wind" trim names... we don't have it.
So far found this Specs table, looks like only GT-line has it. But still curious to try if I get the adapter from somewhere - if it's going to work. 😀

Font Material property Parallel Document Number

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm still curious on if the Light trim can support. I'm sure if we couldnt, Kia wouldnt have given us V2L options in our settings. I just dont wanna spend 250-450 to find out lol. Gotta find a Wind or higher trim in the wild and see if they will let me check out their V2L.
Can you please guide me a little bit, where exactly to you see "V2L options in our settings"?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes, that's why when dealer says something, I don't take it as granted right away, because looks like they do have all the details yet and also in the EV6 settings menu it is still showing V2L option - like mentioned in the comments above.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts