Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the Light Trim RWD with 58 battery and have been told the same thing. However, I do have the function to set the discharge level for the V2L but no adapter came with the car. Further there are no plug in receptacles near the rear seat.
My understanding is that the Wind trim does have the V2L and should have an adapter included.
Since you stated "long range" I'm guessing you have a Wind RWD

·
Registered
21 Posts
The setting is available on the "EV' tab from the home screen.
Just realized you have a Canadian version. There may well be a difference in the spec
Please let us know what you learn.

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeah Canadian version,
I was also got confused with "Light", "Wind" trim names... we don't have it.
So far found this Specs table, looks like only GT-line has it. But still curious to try if I get the adapter from somewhere - if it's going to work. 😀

View attachment 6636
I saw the adapter direct from Korea for approximately 250US. Will try to find a link if you want it. Or, if we could borrow one to check would be best

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a Canadian GT-Line AWD LR w/Pkg-1 (no sun roof, 19" wheels, lower end audio, etc., etc.) and it did NOT come with a V2L (vehicle-to-load) adapter. I rather doubt the dealer kept it in this case. My vehicle also does NOT have the A/C recepticle under the rear seat. However, I believe my vehicle can make use of the V2L adapter if I had one. I will contact another EV6 owner who lives about a half hour away from me. He has the Pkg-2 which comes with the V2L adapter. We've been chatting for weeks about getting together. To try his V2L adapter on my car is as good a reason as any for us to finally meet. Will let you know the outcome when that happens.

My vehicle did come with a level 1 charge adapter and Kia Canada has provided a certificate for a Level 2 charger, which I have yet to decide which model I want.
That would be a great help in answering the question. Thanks for considering that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I saw that and that isnt for for USA plug types. The 110V plug type on that is different.
That is correct, thanks for pointing it out. The unit would require a converter plug much like I use with my electric razor when traveling internationally.
Of course it's a moot point if the lower trims won't support the V2L. But it would be a nice surprise if it did 👍

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm still curious on if the Light trim can support. I'm sure if we couldnt, Kia wouldnt have given us V2L options in our settings. I just dont wanna spend 250-450 to find out lol. Gotta find a Wind or higher trim in the wild and see if they will let me check out their V2L.
I'm with you, eventually someone will try it on the Light Trim and post here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts