Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New prospective buyers, if you are cold in weather like south Michigan, Illinois, Indiana or any mid west area or in east coast area, EV6 is not for you. It will give 40% less range. I am experiencing same on my ev6 and I got same feedback from other members in this forum for my post in which I raised concerns on ev6 range. Most of members are also getting 30 to 40% less range. They have adopted the EV6 in their lifestyle with low performance range. In fact, Kia dealers are also claiming same. There are better EV options if you are looking for decent range otherwise you have to be on charging station after every 100 miles of long drive. So if you are OK to spend 62k to buy car which can deliver a experience to stop for 1 HR (for charging) after every 1.5 hrs (100miles) of drive. Go for EV6 and feel lucky. But I am felt like cheated. Please read this link to compare the real range Vs epa rating of other EVs in market. Tested: InsideEVs Reveals Real World Range Of Today's Electric Cars

·
Registered
246 Posts
New prospective buyers, if you are cold weather like south Michigan, Illinois, Indiana or any mid west area or in east coast area, EV6 is not for you. It will give 40% less range. I am experiencing same on my ev6 and I got same feedback from other members in this forum for my post in which I raised concerns on ev6 range. Most of members are also getting 30 to 40% less range. They have adopted the EV6 in their lifestyle with low performance range. In fact, Kia dealers are also claiming same. There are better EV options if you are looking for decent range otherwise you have to be on charging station after every 100 miles of long drive. So if you are OK to spend 62k to buy car which can deliver a experience to stop for 1 HR (for charging) after every 1.5 hrs (100miles) of drive. Go for EV6 and feel lucky. But I am felt like cheated. Please read this link to compare the real range Vs epa rating of other ev6 in market. Tested: InsideEVs Reveals Real World Range Of Today's Electric Cars
My telluride also loses 20-30% range in winter. Should I try to return it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My telluride also loses 20-30% range in winter. Should I try to return it?
It is your call if you can and want to. I lived in mid west area for 15 years and drove mostly Toyota cars and vans. I never had this much range loss. I guess Kia need to learn the technology to beat the winter.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It is your call if you can and want to. I lived in mid west area and drove mostly Toyota cars and vans. I never had this much range loss. I guess Kia need to learn the technology to beat the winter.
I live in Chicago and just charged my AWD gt-line to 100%… showing 257 miles on the Guess-O-meter. Maybe you need to spend some time learning to drive your car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Chicago and just charged my AWD gt-line to 100%… showing 257 miles on the Guess-O-meter. Maybe you need to spend some time learning to drive your car.
I am confused. I got feedback that 30 to 40% range loss is normal for ev6 and now I have been asked to learn driving. There is only one leg and one pedal used to drive the ev6 in regeneration and if performance of leg and a padel is contributing major so that it can change the figures by top to bottom, I would suggest new prospective buyers to consider one more point not to buy EV6.

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
210 Posts
It is your call if you can and want to. I lived in mid west area and drove mostly Toyota cars and vans. I never had this much range loss. I guess Kia need to learn the technology to beat the winter.
Honestly Atlsingh, I think you should have researched better. The problem is not so much in the car model then in your choices. You can find things to justify your opinion now but you should have done that before buying the EV6. With that being said, I live in Colorado. It gets cold . I plan/ hope to get an EV6. I completely know about the drop in range in cold weather but doesn't effect my opinion about getting one. It will get me to and from work on my commute. I will not have to fill up the tank ever. Plug in at work and at the end of the day drive home. Heck there are plenty of people in my neck off the woods driving thier EV6s all over the state and taking road trips this past winter sooo.... I suggest you put your car up for sale and go back to an ICE car that works better for you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am confused. I got feedback that 30 to 40% range loss is normal for ev6 and now I have been asked to learn driving. There is only one leg and one pedal used to drive the ev6 in regeneration and if performance of leg and a padel is contributing major so that it can change the figures by top to bottom, I would suggest new prospective buyers to consider one more point not to buy EV6.
If you are getting 257 miles in Chicago which is almost same weather I live. Why you voted me that 150 to 190miles is normal for me.

·
Registered
246 Posts
This is my first EV and I was probably having a little too much fun with it for the first couple of weeks and I was seeing about 200 mile range. Lately I’ve been using the paddles to manage different regen levels in different situations and I’m seeing 250-260 in 30F temps. So yes I would advise you to do some research on the expensive car you allegedly bought because it seems like you did not do the appropriate research before you bought it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Honestly Atlsingh, I think you should have researched better. The problem is not so much in the car model then in your choices. You can find things to justify your opinion now but you should have done that before buying the EV6. With that being said, I live in Colorado. It gets cold . I plan/ hope to get an EV6. I completely know about the drop in range in cold weather but doesn't effect my opinion about getting one. It will get me to and from work on my commute. I will not have to fill up the tank ever. Plug in at work and at the end of the day drive home. Heck there are plenty of people in my neck off the woods driving thier EV6s all over the state and taking road trips this past winter sooo.... I suggest you put your car up for sale and go back to an ICE car that works better for you.
The plenty of people who are driving ev6 all over the state and taking the road trip this past winter, are getting 125 miles range for 70 mph avg speed highway drive? If yes, that is what I want to highlight here. If no, that means the feedback on my other post and voting is biased. I am trying to find out the reality and posting my experience to let more people know about my experience.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The plenty of people who are driving ev6 all over the state and taking the road trip this past winter, are getting 125 miles range for 70 mph avg speed highway drive? If yes, that is what I want to highlight here. If no, that means the feedback on my other post and voting is biased. I am trying to find out the reality and posting my experience to let more people know about my experience.
Can you post on image of your accumulated mileage data from the center screen on the left display?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is my first EV and I was probably having a little too much fun with it for the first couple of weeks and I was seeing about 200 mile range. Lately I’ve been using the paddles to manage different regen levels in different situations and I’m seeing 250-260 in 30F temps. So yes I would advise you to do some research on the expensive car you allegedly bought because it seems like you did not do the appropriate research before you bought it.
If my buying research can increase the range, then it seems to be easy solution but unfortunately it is not that simple. I am now more confused. Is 135miles range normal or not? My car was driven by dealer service manager for couple of trips. I believe since he is Kia ev6 service manager, he is the best for expensive, tech, electric, new innovation adaptive nature, professionaly trained Driver. When he drove 47 miles, my car gave 3miles per kwh (20%less than epa) for 42 mph avg speed with very minimal use of heater.

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
210 Posts
If my buying research can increase the range, then it seems to be easy solution but unfortunately it is not that simple. I am now more confused. Is 135miles range normal or not? My car was driven by dealer service manager for couple of trips. I believe since he is Kia ev6 service manager, he is the best for expensive, tech, electric, new innovation adaptive nature, professionaly trained Driver. When he drove 47 miles, my car gave 3miles per kwh (20%less than epa) for 42 mph avg speed with very minimal use of heater.
When did you purchase or lease your car? What exact model did you get?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’m getting strong troll vibes
It is straight forward. I wanted to know if the range issue is general problem or not in ev6. I was told that yes it is. So I start this thread to let more people know about it and which can help some people like me not to take decision with out research and less informed like me.

·
Registered
Glacier FE AWD
26 Posts
If you are to make it an EV6 thread, go ahead and post on all EV forums. They all do this, it’s not new, with some research you can lest that up to 50% of the range can be loss during cold winter.

I think you didn’t do enough research before your purchase.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts