Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently, only the GT-Line in Denmark comes with double glazed front windows. My dealer had no idea prior to me noticing the GT-Line (20 inch wheels) being slightly quieter than the standard EV6 with the upgrade package - a Danish construct with a mixed bag of options. I've since had it confirmed by Kia.

I'm slighty disappointed. I looked at the Korean spec sheet (translated), where the Air and Earth variants have double glazed front windows. And since the GT-Line in Denmark isn't available in RWD, I'm hesitant to take the range hit with the AWD.

Do non GT-Line variants get double glazed windows in your market? And do you notice a big difference?

· Registered
432 Posts
Apparently, only the GT-Line in Denmark comes with double glazed front windows. My dealer had no idea prior to me noticing the GT-Line (20 inch wheels) being slightly quieter than the standard EV6 with the upgrade package - a Danish construct with a mixed bag of options. I've since had it confirmed by Kia.

I'm slighty disappointed. I looked at the Korean spec sheet (translated), where the Air and Earth variants have double glazed front windows. And since the GT-Line in Denmark isn't available in RWD, I'm hesitant to take the range hit with the AWD.

Do non GT-Line variants get double glazed windows in your market? And do you notice a big difference?
I have double glazed front windows in my GT-Line S AWD (UK).

· Registered
522 Posts
Didn't realise we got double glazed windows :D

Reactions: Jagtazman

· Registered
292 Posts

I know for a fact that not all AWD versions in Denmark have double glazed windows. I have checked it directly on a car at my dealer. I have seen it with my own eyes.

But when you say double glazed windows you do mean the two front side windows, right? And you mean two layers of glass?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know for a fact that not all AWD versions in Denmark have double glazed windows. I have checked it directly on a car at my dealer. I have seen it with my own eyes.

But when you say double glazed windows you do mean the two front side windows, right? And you mean two layers of glass?
Yup. Two layers of glass in the front doors. I'm guessing the AWD non GT-Line would have a single layer of glass in Denmark

· Registered
827 Posts
Hope do you tell if you have acoustic glass then?
Acoustic glass is a clear vinyl membrane sandwiched between two layers of glass, very similar to laminated safety glass in windshields that have the flexible layer in the middle. If you look at the edge of the window, you should be able to tell that it's three layers compressed into a sandwich.

EDIT: You can kind of see it in this video at the 4:38 mark:

· Registered
219 Posts
Acoustic glass is a clear vinyl membrane sandwiched between two layers of glass, very similar to laminated safety glass in windshields that have the flexible layer in the middle. If you look at the edge of the window, you should be able to tell that it's three layers compressed into a sandwich.
Cheers, I’m assuming this is what we’re talking about with the double glazing?

· Registered
827 Posts
It's interesting that this appears it may vary by region and/or configuration. One of the early reviews I had watched mentioned that the EV6 only had acoustic glass on the front windows, not all four like the Ioniq 5. I had assumed that was the case in all configurations.

· Registered
37 Posts
I recall watching a review (CarWow maybe?) where the reviewer specifically mentioned that the EV6 he was reviewing (likely a higher trim) has the acoustic glass on the front only, whereas the Ioniq 5 (not sure which trim or if all), has them front AND back.

· Registered
219 Posts
I recall watching a review (CarWow maybe?) where the reviewer specifically mentioned that the EV6 he was reviewing (likely a higher trim) has the acoustic glass on the front only, whereas the Ioniq 5 (not sure which trim or if all), has them front AND back.
The Carwow review was of the demo mishmash but his recent group comparison was of the GTLs IIRC

1 - 20 of 34 Posts