Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD +Tech pkg
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yes I searched the forum and saw the quiet, dormant thread discussing the Kia-published video where a Kia employee says (translated to English captions): "Drift mode will be a standard feature on our EV6."
So has anyone tried this (after turning off the traction/stability systems of course with a longer-than-3-seconds press of the ESC Off button, which will then chime (versus no chime for less than a 3 second press) indicating both traction and brake control are off, versus only traction control off with a less than 3 second push.
Dishware Rectangle Screenshot Font Games

For an AWD model, the only way apparently to force RWD is ECO mode (and even then under hard acceleration AWD is engaged). Any other way to do this? The aforementioned Kia video shows EV6 drifting, so maybe can do in AWD with the right technique? Or Drift Mode didn't make it into production models?
BTW, the video is here: (16) The Kia EV6 : Source of inspiration | Part 1. Emotional performance - YouTube
Drift comment is around 2:46 as well as some drifting EV6.

·
Registered
BMW 530i xdrive. EV6 GT line AWD on order.
11 Posts
Interesting. Prior to this I’d only heard mention of drift mode in context of the Genesis GV60. Could imagine that the EV6 GT would also have it as a distinguishing feature. My GT Line is still on order so it’ll be a while before I can check… maybe someone else has been brave enough.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I saw indeed in a youtube video that you can disable ESC to allow drifting. This was the longe range RWD. Not sure if it will work on the AWD as it has more grip with 4 wheels..

It is Dutch:

Beginning and after 14.30 till the end

1 - 7 of 7 Posts