Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm anticipating ordering a US spec EV6 whenever they're available, and I've been looking at the UK specs to determine the options. For those that have driven one elsewhere, I'd appreciate guidance you could provide in clarifying the following terms.

Forward collision avoidance assist with junction turning is standard, but forward collision avoidance with junction crossing is optional. What's the difference?

Highway driving assist is standard but highway driving assist 2 is optional. Do each produce different results?

Lane keeping assist is standard but blind spot collision avoidance is optional. Does the standard option not allow you to change lanes when cruise is activated?

I'm getting the Kia because the Ford Mach-E's electronics preformed so poorly on a test drive. Now I'm trying to find the right setup to ensure the Kia preforms to my liking. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hello and welcome! I’m not a Kia owner and will be a new one with the EV6 but I will try and help you understand the different features.

Junction Crossing
Junction Crossing collision assist means the car can detect cars coming perpendicular to your direction of travel (at an intersection) and warn you if there’s a possible collision (like if someone was running a red light). Junction Turning is the assist that comes into play when you’re making a left turn and you attempt to make the left turn and the car senses an oncoming car. If it says “avoidance assit” in the name then it will attempt to brake to avoid a collision but there’s no guarantee (and at least the impact speed will be lower)

HDA-II
I believe HDA-II does have software improvements to make the whole system smoother (according to Genesis owners with HDA-II). It also adds lane change assist that will help you change lanes just by indicating left or right, as well as Evasive Steering Assist which will using the steering wheel to move the car (within its lane) to avoid a forward collision (not just brake like other systems). I believe it also adds Lane Following Assist which means the car can follow the car in front around a curve or any slight deviation from “straight on” even if there are visible lane lines.

Blind Spot Collision Avoidance
This means the car can nudge you back if it senses a car in your blind spot and you start moving/changing lanes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, bit clearer now. I understand the terms, but could not understand, for example, how the car could detect objects crossing a path when turning but not those crossing its path when going straight. It's easier to do so when I found that the HDA-II includes the radar/full car view sensors and HDA is some lesser version without the wholistic view.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm anticipating ordering a US spec EV6 whenever they're available, and I've been looking at the UK specs to determine the options. For those that have driven one elsewhere, I'd appreciate guidance you could provide in clarifying the following terms.

Forward collision avoidance assist with junction turning is standard, but forward collision avoidance with junction crossing is optional. What's the difference?

Highway driving assist is standard but highway driving assist 2 is optional. Do each produce different results?

Lane keeping assist is standard but blind spot collision avoidance is optional. Does the standard option not allow you to change lanes when cruise is activated?

I'm getting the Kia because the Ford Mach-E's electronics preformed so poorly on a test drive. Now I'm trying to find the right setup to ensure the Kia preforms to my liking. Thanks for the help.
There are some good Kia videos describing what each safety does and how it works. I think I just searched using the Kia acronym for their safety feature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts