Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my permanent license plate came in the dealer didn't have the mount to install it. Where I live I only need a rear license plate. The car came with the mounting hardware for the front license plate but apparently not the rear. So the dealer ordered it but says it might take weeks to come in. Additionally, the dealer is over an hour away from where I live.

Is this something I can install myself? I am fairly handy (just not when it comes to cars). Do I NEED a mounting bracket for the rear plate or can I just screw the plate directly in?

·
Registered
Kia EV6 Wind
149 Posts
I was switching plates (the dealer ordered a standard plate rather than Arizona's EV plate) so I took the mounting plate off to look at it. It's KIA part 866Y4-CV000. I've seen at least one other picture in this forum where the plate was just screwed directly to the bumper.

You can buy one, but I think the dealer owes you one. It might help if you can give them the part number; it seems like most dealers know nothing about the EV6 yet.

Arizona doesn't use a front plate, so I don't know what that part is. The rear one won't fit there.

Rectangle Road surface Gas Font Composite material
Automotive tire Hood Rectangle Grille Bumper

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was switching plates (the dealer ordered a standard plate rather than Arizona's EV plate) so I took the mounting plate off to look at it. It's KIA part 866Y4-CV000. I've seen at least one other picture in this forum where the plate was just screwed directly to the bumper.

You can buy one, but I think the dealer owes you one. It might help if you can give them the part number; it seems like most dealers know nothing about the EV6 yet.

Arizona doesn't use a front plate, so I don't know what that part is. The rear one won't fit there.

View attachment 3513 View attachment 3514
Ugh. Okay. So I think my dealer is just dumb. The mounting kit he said was for the front has the same part number you referenced. So I do think it’s for the rear.
How does it mount though? There are two triangles at the top that look like the frame something and the mount kit is wider than it? Do I just find a good spot and mount it over them?
Font Glass Transparent material Auto part Transparency

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Hand Hood Light Tartan Textile

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
230 Posts
I would use the mount to keep the plate at the proper angle and prevent any possible rear parking assistance malfunction, per the owners manual, pg 6-153. I had to drill mine just like the picture above to accept standard plate holes.

My GT-Line has 2 alignment tabs, if you will, that the bracket “hangs” on. The 3 lower holes are for the bracket, the top 2 are for my plate. And yeah, it gets dirty behind the plate. LOL
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Asphalt Mode of transport

·
Registered
Kia EV6 Wind
149 Posts
I believe the ribs in the bracket sit on top of those two ears on the bumper. The screws just go into the bumper, though I'd suggest drilling small pilot holes. Make sure you've got it where you want before drilling!

The screws for the plate go into the dimples at the top. Note that my dealer screwed it up and ran them through too high.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ugh. Okay. So I think my dealer is just dumb. The mounting kit he said was for the front has the same part number you referenced. So I do think it’s for the rear.
How does it mount though? There are two triangles at the top that look like the frame something and the mount kit is wider than it? Do I just find a good spot and mount it over them?
View attachment 3517
View attachment 3516
View attachment 3518
And the part description says it is a Molding -Rear License Plate.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Correct--apparently (U.S models) the EV6 doesn't come with or otherwise include a license plate mount specifically for the front...at least not at this time.

On a related note--given the dimensions of the typical U.S. license plate, it would seem that if mounted to the front bumper using the pre-defined screw holes, the lower part of the license plate would be partially blocking the two center front flaps; would this lead to an issue regarding the flaps' function?

·
Registered
FE Glacier #683
47 Posts
Correct--apparently (U.S models) the EV6 doesn't come with or otherwise include a license plate mount specifically for the front...at least not at this time.

On a related note--given the dimensions of the typical U.S. license plate, it would seem that if mounted to the front bumper using the pre-defined screw holes, the lower part of the license plate would be partially blocking the two center front flaps; would this lead to an issue regarding the flaps' function?
I'm ordering this today. Won't need to drill holes in the bumper as there is one already there for the tow hook!!

Xotic Tech Tow Hook License Plate Screw On Mount Bracket Compatible with Kia Stinger 2018-up (Red) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TSMGJW...t_i_GTEEBS4HB5H9F6J03H91?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like I can hopefully move the plate down enough to clear the front sensors. I'll post up the results after getting it. Should be here Sunday Tuesday.

·
Registered
3 Posts

View attachment 3513 View attachment 3514

·
Registered
FE Glacier #683
47 Posts
What's weird to me is, we're all well into a 50K+ investment and you have you make your own rear license plate holder,,, Oh well... Lol...
The car should have come with a rear license plate holder. It is I believe the part number already listed within this thread. There isn't a need to make one for the rear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts