1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,467 Posts
No truth at all as mine is still not here from a 1st of July order.

If you order the base model, RWD and no heat pump your get it quick, if you order the GT S AWD with Heat Pump then its delayed.

So read into it you will.

For me its just another garbage article with little to no facts based on the issues with deliveries.

Reactions: stEVe

·
Super Moderator
2,467 Posts
I got my GTL AWD with heat pump 6 days ago a month earlier than I expected.
Remind me when was your order date?

·
Super Moderator
2,467 Posts
Yes GTL AWD with heat pump Yacht blue
OH ok, that makes sense as to why you got it so quick.

If it was a GT Line S it would not the case.

Enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered mine on the 30th November with a logged Factory date of the 6th December. Order is for a GT Line S RWD in White with no heat pump. Delevery was quoted as 'the middle of March'. I had a phone call from the Dealer at the end of January to say that they hadn't received any information yet but delivery was still expected in March. On the 1st March I phoned them to be told that they had received no allocation of the Vin number so couldn't advise on when delivery would take place. The Dealer kept saying that they would be 'very enthusiastic' when it arrived - you might imagine my internal reaction! (I really don't think it is reasonable customer service for the Dealers to say 'we'll be really enthusiastic when it arrives' - the lack of understanding of customer service comes to mind! - but then that mirrors the original 'Experience'. I took my Sister, and she was having trouble containing the laughter! but the car was great, and there was one guy who technically knew his stuff)
Is there ANY good definition of what delivery actually is? I know that this website indicates that it is 7 weeks from notification of loading to delivery into the UK. Is there ANY clear information from the factory, and wouldn't clear information represent good customer service? - perhaps the principles of ISO 9000 don't apply?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I ordered mine on the 30th November with a logged Factory date of the 6th December. Order is for a GT Line S RWD in White with no heat pump. Delevery was quoted as 'the middle of March'. I had a phone call from the Dealer at the end of January to say that they hadn't received any information yet but delivery was still expected in March. On the 1st March I phoned them to be told that they had received no allocation of the Vin number so couldn't advise on when delivery would take place. The Dealer kept saying that they would be 'very enthusiastic' when it arrived - you might imagine my internal reaction! (I really don't think it is reasonable customer service for the Dealers to say 'we'll be really enthusiastic when it arrives' - the lack of understanding of customer service comes to mind! - but then that mirrors the original 'Experience'. I took my Sister, and she was having trouble containing the laughter! but the car was great, and there was one guy who technically knew his stuff)
Is there ANY good definition of what delivery actually is? I know that this website indicates that it is 7 weeks from notification of loading to delivery into the UK. Is there ANY clear information from the factory, and wouldn't clear information represent good customer service? - perhaps the principles of ISO 9000 don't apply?
I think you may need to set your expectations a little.

December Delivery for this model and order date if this is correct

·
Super Moderator
2,467 Posts
Until you get that build date and vin number shows on the Kia SAP system the dates are all finger in the sky I am afraid, not even the Kia dealers know if or when a car is being built.

Feel for the dealers in some ways as they gat all the chasing from the customers and get no support from Kia.

·
Registered
EV6 AWD GT Line S Yacht Blue
2 Posts
Ordered 30th Nov Delivered 2nd March
Ordered mine 30th November with estimated del 25th April. Told last week by dealer that I will now have to wait until earliest October, probably December. As I was given a p/x fixed to April 25 plus 30 days that can now be reduced by up to 2.5% per month later so my finance calculations are now completely off as that could potentially be plus 7 months delay!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered in January 2022, given a July delivery, but just this morning when I enquired to any update have been informed that it'll more likely be November. Ukraine/Russia supply semi-conductors used throughout the world and due to a certain Russian leader, apart from causing untold carnage in Ukraine this will no doubt have an impact on other supply chain sectors.

Disappointing, but if true, not surprising.

·
Super Moderator
2,467 Posts
I ordered in January 2022, given a July delivery, but just this morning when I enquired to any update have been informed that it'll more likely be November. Ukraine/Russia supply semi-conductors used throughout the world and due to a certain Russian leader, apart from causing untold carnage in Ukraine this will no doubt have an impact on other supply chain sectors.

Disappointing, but if true, not surprising.
Not heard the Russia / Ukraine semi conductor supply issue before.

Raw material normally comes from Japan and Mexico with the chips made in the USA, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Israel and Netherlands.

Not heard before Russia or Ukraine being a major semi conductor supplier.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts