Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just found this little nugget from @kubr1ck on FB. TQ for the tip. You da man!!

"you have to access the hidden Developer settings in the AA app. Just go into the app, scroll down the bottom and repeatedly click on Version about half a dozen times and a hidden pop-up will appear. You will then be able to access the Developer settings via a dropdown on the upper right of the app. From there you will need to change Video Resolution to 1280x720." Changing it back to 1080 will revert to spit screen
Output device Computer Gadget Aircraft Flat panel display

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
117 Posts
This didn't work for me using a Motorola MA1. I'll have to try it out plugging in directly.

Edit: Just tried it again and now it works... I guess I had to reset it after changing the resolution last time. Now hopefully when they roll the new UI out they give us a toggle because the resolution is noticeably lower now. I greatly prefer having maps use the whole screen though.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,392 Posts
This didn't work for me using a Motorola MA1. I'll have to try it out plugging in directly.

Edit: Just tried it again and now it works... I guess I had to reset it after changing the resolution last time. Now hopefully when they roll the new UI out they give us a toggle because the resolution is noticeably lower now. I greatly prefer having maps use the whole screen though.
probably a restriction within the MA1. Does the MA1 run android?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
117 Posts
probably a restriction within the MA1. Does the MA1 run android?
It worked fine with the MA1. When I first changed the resolution nothing happened.. I unplugged the MA1 and plugged my phone in directly and the screen changed to full screen. I then plugged the MA1 back in and it too was in full screen. I'm guessing I just had to reboot the system or app after changing the resolution.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,392 Posts
It worked fine with the MA1. When I first changed the resolution nothing happened.. I unplugged the MA1 and plugged my phone in directly and the screen changed to full screen. I then plugged the MA1 back in and it too was in full screen. I'm guessing I just had to reboot the system or app after changing the resolution.
That’s awesome.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,753 Posts
The first image, is that google maps?

Mine does not look like this, what setting has you got switched on?

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
OK what have I done wrong, changed the setting in my phone Samsung S20 and nothing changed, you only get four choices of screen size so choose the one you mentioned and still not full screen tried the other and nothing changed.

Unplugged phone plugged in, turned car on and off nothing has changed?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK what have I done wrong, changed the setting in my phone Samsung S20 and nothing changed, you only get four choices of screen size so choose the one you mentioned and still not full screen tried the other and nothing changed.

Unplugged phone plugged in, turned car on and off nothing has changed?

Any help would be appreciated.
Did you turn off Kia's native AA split screen, I believe is under Settings>Projection Screen

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
The forum indicates you're in the UK. Have you even received the infotainment update the US recently got that allows widescreen AA? The car needs to accept it AND you need to enable it in AA developer settings.
Car is brand new, what version are you talking about and where are you seeing this?

Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
The forum indicates you're in the UK. Have you even received the infotainment update the US recently got that allows widescreen AA? The car needs to accept it AND you need to enable it in AA developer settings.

I have it enabled in the AA Settings.

Maybe my system is not running the correct update.

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
The EV6 did not support AA widescreen when it came out. It would only allow AA part of the screen, until a recent update allowed it (as per here). But I have not yet seen anyone outside of the US report a similar update.
OK i do not have that version, thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts