Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2022 F.E SMG # 0938/1500
127 Posts
Well,,,
Here is my attempt at getting some corrected hifi out of the Meridian 14.
I find this to be a bit more Immersive.

Hope it helps.

Also, the amp is underpowered, and there is No Sub Woofer to add more kick. "You have to turn it up"

Attachments

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
Well,,,

Hope it helps.

Also, the amp is underpowered, and there is No Sub Woofer to add more kick. "You have to turn it up"
Did you use any instrumentation to come to these adjustments or was it just "by ear"/taste?

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,803 Posts
That's strange as it shows a subwoofer on the system?

Speaker number 4

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 F.E SMG # 0938/1500
127 Posts
What I should have said in my earlier post was that I don't hear or feel the subwoofer kicking.

And I don't see its location as opposed to where I saw it on the ionic 5 and where I see it on my Kia Niro.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
What I should have said in my earlier post was that I don't hear or feel the subwoofer kicking.

And I don't see its location as opposed to where I saw it on the ionic 5 and where I see it on my Kia Niro.
Like physically in the car? It's in the cargo area under the foldable platform--the plastic piece that the tire mobility kit sits on is removable and exposes the enclosure.

·
Registered
164 Posts
They should have added a feature to adjust the subwoofer separately. My B&O system in the e-tron Premium Plus allows me to do that. Since I don't blast my music, I prefer to use the sub setting to get some bass ad lower volumes. Maybe if you guys complain to KIA, they will add this, then again, they are probably saving that feature for the GT, when it comes out. Something else to make the GT version a level up.

·
Registered
2022 F.E SMG # 0938/1500
127 Posts
They should have added a feature to adjust the subwoofer separately. My B&O system in the e-tron Premium Plus allows me to do that. Since I don't blast my music, I prefer to use the sub setting to get some bass ad lower volumes. Maybe if you guys complain to KIA, they will add this, then again, they are probably saving that feature for the GT, when it comes out. Something else to make the GT version a level up.
Yes, I missed the B&O that was in my 2016 B8 SQ5 and the Harman Kardon in my BMW products.
In my opinion the Harman Kardon system in the BMW X5 or any vehicle for that matter, once broken in. Can be adjusted wonderful.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree, the HK system I have experienced in a number of vehicles work quite well. The problem these days, with most auto audio systems under on umbrella, they tend to sound similar, if implemented well. While the Stinger had label on the speaker and head unit listing HK, the amplifier was in fact from Lexicon, the same one installed in the Korean spec cars. Meridian is usually in Land Rover vehicles and I believe Jaguar (not too sure about this one), I have heard it in a Range Rover but not with any quality audio to really give an opinion however, it is a high end system so it should sound good.

I can say, I had an issue with the Stinger audio system and it turns out that the system needed some sort of activation to make it work at it's proper settings. Apparently they have this feature to prevent the system from being damaged by people test driving the vehicle. This might be why the system doesn't sound like there is a subwoofer installed.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line RWD
139 Posts
I can say, I had an issue with the Stinger audio system and it turns out that the system needed some sort of activation to make it work at it's proper settings. Apparently they have this feature to prevent the system from being damaged by people test driving the vehicle. This might be why the system doesn't sound like there is a subwoofer installed.
So are you saying we need to take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes. You can also check out other vehicles there to see if they play the same as your or better, to know for sure. There might be some additional settings that can be adjusted via software. Have there been many people complaining of this issue?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Harman International manufacture a lot of car audio systems under different umbrellas, including Harman Kardon, B&O, JBL, Infinity, Mark Levinson, Becker and Lexicon. When I worked at Harman International, there was a definite similarity to their cooking brands, but Mark Levinson were definitely a cut above the others.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well,,,

Hope it helps.

Those settings are what I would describe as terrible. I measured and found 0/0/0 EQ is decently balanced. A touch of + in the midrange helps level it out towards a reference curve, but as-is at 0/0/0, there is a very mild V-curve which most people like. Immersion also sounds like crap because it's fake surround sound, so no thanks - nothing HiFi about that.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,803 Posts
Those settings are what I would describe as terrible. I measured and found 0/0/0 EQ is decently balanced. A touch of + in the midrange helps level it out towards a reference curve, but as-is at 0/0/0, there is a very mild V-curve which most people like. Immersion also sounds like crap because it's fake surround sound, so no thanks - nothing HiFi about that.
This is the problem with listening to any music, what's one mans taste is another mans poison.

Some like Country while others like heavy metal.

I personally think it's better to balance any system to how you like to listen to music and the type of music your listening to as there is no such thing as one setup suits all.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line RWD
139 Posts
I personally think it has nothing to do with taste and more that there's actually something wrong. My Harmon Kardon stock system in my 2011 Kia Optima SX-T was louder at half volume with stock settings than any setting attempted in the EV6 and 80% volume. Something is wrong. Someone on the US FB group claimed EU owners got an OTA fix that improved the bass so hopefully whatever is going on here can be improved.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think its a mixture of personal preference on sound depending on the type of music genres you typically listen to. I also think the sound system is far less quality then the B&O play system I had in my previous Audi. And like my new supra, I hope they come out with a speaker upgrade kit of some sort to give off better mid tones and deeper bass

1 - 20 of 35 Posts