Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to announce that the EV Watchdog which already supported other KIA/Hyundai EV cars should now also support the EV6.

The EV Watchdog App is a OBD2 monitoring app for Android (only) which displays live data and is able from there to calculate and store extensive stats.

Two versions are available of this App on the playstore

One which is free (ad based) and totally funcional.
And another one with extended premium features (charts, logging, graphical interface, nearby charging stations and the ability to sync to the website)

Some screenshots:

Font Slope Screenshot Technology Electronic device

Font Screenshot Audio equipment Technology Electronic device

More info here: https://evwatchdog.net
And here: EV Watchdog net - Download
And here: EV Watchdog net - Frequently Asked Questions
FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ev.watchdog

·
Registered
193 Posts
Happy to announce that the EV Watchdog which already supported other KIA/Hyundai EV cars should now also support the EV6.

The EV Watchdog App is a OBD2 monitoring app for Android (only) which displays live data and is able from there to calculate and store extensive stats.

Two versions are available of this App on the playstore

One which is free (ad based) and totally funcional.
And another one with extended premium features (charts, logging, graphical interface, nearby charging stations and the ability to sync to the website)

Some screenshots:

View attachment 1265

View attachment 1266

More info here: https://evwatchdog.net
And here: EV Watchdog net - Download
And here: EV Watchdog net - Frequently Asked Questions
FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ev.watchdog
Good pictures, was wanting to see what it displayed when I saw it mentioned on the Facebook group.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Will this app also support Android Auto/ Apple Carplay?
Then you get this info on you main screen, that would be ausome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will this app also support Android Auto/ Apple Carplay?
Then you get this info on you main screen, that would be ausome.
Not at this moment. Apps for Android Auto should fall in one of the following categories: Media, Messages, Navigation, Parking, and Charging.

Unfortunately the Watchdog would struggle to fit in any.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Made some changes to the website.

The general stats are now available to anyone and off course you'll see demo data if you are not logged from which you should have a notice on the left corner.

Registered users should make sure they are logged to see their own data.

Font Terrestrial plant Slope Screenshot Technology

Font Terrestrial plant Audio equipment Multimedia Rectangle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. Would it be possible to have the "OBDLink CX" supported by your app. It was the first OBD dongle recommended by ABRP (A better route planner) and it works perfectly with ABRP. Would be nice to have the device also compatible with "EV Watchdog". If I could help by sending some logs, just let me know. Thanks again for your App. I tried it on my EV6 GT Line, but as I said, it didn't work with the OBDLink CX dongle...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello. Would it be possible to have the "OBDLink CX" supported by your app. It was the first OBD dongle recommended by ABRP (A better route planner) and it works perfectly with ABRP. Would be nice to have the device also compatible with "EV Watchdog". If I could help by sending some logs, just let me know. Thanks again for your App. I tried it on my EV6 GT Line, but as I said, it didn't work with the OBDLink CX dongle...
I would think it should work as it should use the same OBD2 protocol.

But I'll need some debug logs so see why it's failling. Could you please contact me through my email [email protected]?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would think it should work as it should use the same OBD2 protocol.

But I'll need some debug logs so see why it's failling. Could you please contact me through my email [email protected]?
Dear all,

OBDLink CX adapter is not supported by the app since this adapter is limited only to BLE and does not support standard BT protocol.

I saw that the app works flawlessly with OBDLink MX+, and if one compares two adapters, the difference (as stated for example here) is indeed that:

"...OBDLink CX is a Bluetooth LE scan tool that was designed... to work with 2008 and newer OBD-II compliant vehicles..."
"...OBDLink MX+ uses classic Bluetooth and works with all OBD-II compliant vehicles..."

I have the same problem with my "LELink BLE" adapter that fails to be detected by the app since the adapter is limited to BLE only.

The BLE adapters indicated as working on the app's page are actually work since they include both BLE and standard BT protocols.

ABRP, CarScanner etc. work with BLE adapters since they explicitly implemented the BLE protocol support.

I have already pointed the problem to the developer and hope he will implement BLE support within the app asap.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
v1.9 now available!
  • Added support for Ioniq 5 RWD 58kWh.
  • Upgraded charts (Premium)
  • Added cells voltage and cells histogram charts (Premium)
  • Removed cells voltage map (Premium)
  • Several other fixes and improvements.
So the cells voltage map is now gone for the Premium App (and should be removed from the Free App on a future release) it was becoming unreadable and useless for the latest EV models with almost 2000 cells. I've then redone the charts and added a cells voltage bar chart and histogram which should be a better tool to check the status of the battery pack.
Light Slope Font Line Rectangle

FB Group: Facebook Groups
FAQ: EV Watchdog Android monitoring App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts