Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my FE for one week and it exceeds my expectations in driving pleasure and technical features. A significant software defect is present in the Lane Keep Assist feature. When I signal for a left turn, the car goes right. My dealer is checking for a solution. I think others will be bothered that the Heads Up display can not be moved lower. The speed limit sign location is tolerable but slightly bothersome. See photo.
Speedometer Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Car

·
Registered
2022 GT-Line EV6 Yacht Blue
11 Posts
I have had my FE for one week and it exceeds my expectations in driving pleasure and technical features. A significant software defect is present in the Lane Keep Assist feature. When I signal for a left turn, the car goes right. My dealer is checking for a solution. I think others will be bothered that the Heads Up display can not be moved lower. The speed limit sign location is tolerable but slightly bothersome. See photo.
View attachment 2626
I also am very happy overall with my EV6, the ride, handling, power and range are great. But there are a few UX and software gaps that keep the car from being all it could be. I have only had the car for one week but found several things that seem like they should be easy fixes, and hope that Kia engineers and marketing reads the forums :)

I have the same thoughts about the HUD on my GT-line, it would be nice to be able to move it a bit lower. I have not experienced the issue you described with the LKA feature. But it would nice to be able to turn the LKW off when driving in the city, it is annoying to have to always use the turn signals to prevent beeping when changing lanes at low speeds, and it also sometimes beeps incorrectly due to bad lane markings and or cracks in the pavement.

Another bug that has been previously reported and should be any easy fix; if I open the hatch first before getting into the car, the automatic approach unlock function does not work. I find that you have to use the key fob button to unlock the car after that. Overall the lock and unlock functionality is very dated and needs me to use the key fob more than necessary to lock and unlock.

Also, I was surprised to find that once I set a charging schedule there was no button to tell the car to start charging immediately, even my first gen Leaf had this button! Without turning off the scheduled charging the only way I found to get it to change immediately, was to use the Kia app. I guess this is one way to be sure people pay for the app once the introductory period expires.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also am very happy overall with my EV6, the ride, handling, power and range are great. But there are a few UX and software gaps that keep the car from being all it could be. I have only had the car for one week but found several things that seem like they should be easy fixes, and hope that Kia engineers and marketing reads the forums :)

I have the same thoughts about the HUD on my GT-line, it would be nice to be able to move it a bit lower. I have not experienced the issue you described with the LKA feature. But it would nice to be able to turn the LKW off when driving in the city, it is annoying to have to always use the turn signals to prevent beeping when changing lanes at low speeds, and it also sometimes beeps incorrectly due to bad lane markings and or cracks in the pavement.

Another bug that has been previously reported and should be any easy fix; if I open the hatch first before getting into the car, the automatic approach unlock function does not work. I find that you have to use the key fob button to unlock the car after that. Overall the lock and unlock functionality is very dated and needs me to use the key fob more than necessary to lock and unlock.

Also, I was surprised to find that once I set a charging schedule there was no button to tell the car to start charging immediately, even my first gen Leaf had this button! Without turning off the scheduled charging the only way I found to get it to change immediately, was to use the Kia app. I guess this is one way to be sure people pay for the app once the introductory period expires.
Good points. I wish the forum had a dedicated spot for EV6 owners to share issues without having to scroll through so many other topics. The "Recommended Reading" suggestion after a post is worthwhile.:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I thought the button inside the charging port started an immediate charge, even if it is scheduled for later?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just looked in the online EV6 manual, and it says this [emphasis added]:
When scheduled charging is set, charging is not initiated immediately when the AC charger or portable charger (ICCB: In-Cable Control Box) is connected. When immediate charging is required, press the charging door open button in the smart key for 2 seconds or deactivate the scheduled charge setting with the infotainment system or Kia Connect application.​

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just looked in the online EV6 manual, and it says this [emphasis added]:
When scheduled charging is set, charging is not initiated immediately when the AC charger or portable charger (ICCB: In-Cable Control Box) is connected. When immediate charging is required, press the charging door open button in the smart key for 2 seconds or deactivate the scheduled charge setting with the infotainment system or Kia Connect application.​
But the key hasn't got a charge door button, has it?

This is the Manual with the key info.

·
Registered
128 Posts
But the key hasn't got a charge door button, has it?

This is the Manual with the key info.
You're right, the smart key doesn't have a charge door button. (I don't have an EV6 yet, so I relied upon the manual instead of actually looking at a key). The page in the manual that I copied is here.

I tried that, there are two buttons, I tried both. I will review the manual, to see if I missed something ?
I believe the 2 buttons inside the charging port are for closing the charging port door (top button) and for using the V2L (bottom button).
The manual may be wrong, but here is where it says the button should start immediate charging:
(This is page 13 from the online MY22 EV6 FFG Reference)
Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Pattern

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm sure I have seen a post on here saying that someone used "button D" to bypass timed charging so that it starts immediately.

AFAIK the Ioniq 5 does have the remote charge flap button on the key, so maybe they just copied the manual for the EV6?!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the help, I will try it again, it was dark outside and maybe I missed the button, I did not feel anything click when I pressed it? There is a time delay before my charger relay closes, the other possibility is that I did not wait long enough.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tested the "charge now" switch in the daytime, and it worked as expected. It does take a firm press and holding it down for 2-3 seconds before it starts to charge. I don't think I held it down long enough the first time I tried it. It is actually quite nice to have it located under the charging cover, rather than inside the car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It does seem strange that the car would not interpret fast (DC) fast charging as something that needs to start immediately, by default. I can see obeying a schedule when plugging in an AC connector, but literally no one would expect a DC charger to wait until the charging schedule said it was OK to start charging.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line (AWD) White
110 Posts
It does seem strange that the car would not interpret fast (DC) fast charging as something that needs to start immediately, by default. I can see obeying a schedule when plugging in an AC connector, but literally no one would expect a DC charger to wait until the charging schedule said it was OK to start charging.
I totally agree on this

Also so that is what that extra button is for under the flap :)

·
Registered
FE Glacier 1500/1500
90 Posts

There is a button inside the charging door that overrides scheduled charging.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is there another way to keep the distance/average miles per kWh since recharge from resetting after every recharge? I tried setting it to "manual reset" but it still resets after recharge anyway. Is this a bug?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I want mine to automatically reset after a charge so that when driving after recharge, I can more accurately determine my range as I drive.
What do you see as a use for adding miles in that function since there is also a tripmeter?

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line (AWD) White
110 Posts
I totally agree on this

Also so that is what that extra button is for under the flap :)
After doing a lot of DC chargings, I can say that scheduled charging is ignored for DC. DC starts when plugged in regardless of any schedule. Schedule only affects AC. (And another bug... schedule is randomly forgotten by my car)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts