Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I looked at the Audi, but rejected without having a test drive
I am a bit short so need the seat well forward, this caused my knee to strike the underside of the steering column when exiting the car, something that would seriously pi55 me off if the car was mine. Surprisingly this problem was not there in the sister ID4.
I was not too keen on the design of the inside, it felt a bit claustrophobic.
I was also advised no deliveries until next year.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am a bit short so need the seat well forward, this caused my knee to strike the underside of the steering column when exiting the car, something that would seriously pi55 me off if the car was mine.
Have you tested the the EV6? I saw a video review of it that complained of that very issue, because the steering column hangs somewhat low. If I remember correctly this was a rather tall reviewer, so maybe the issue is specific to those with tall calves. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don’t have tall calves!!

Well I have been for my test drive today. I was told prior to arriving it would be a 30 minute test drive, but that was not mentioned when I went for a drive.
The car was Pearl White GT Line S RWD. I was pleased to see it in white as that is the colour I have selected.
I reserved my car in April, paid a £2k deposit when I ordered the car on 10 May. I am advised my car is due to land tomorrow (on Thruxton, currently mid way between Antwerp and Immingham) I am also advised my car is due for handover on 1st November. This is for a GT Line S AWD in Pearl White.
I was allowed to test drive the car without anyone from the dealer with me, just me and my boss.
I was impressed with the car again, but it was nice to have it on the road, rather than just a static display. The ride is good, not as harsh as suggested by some, definitely smoother than my MINI Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV. As it was the single motor car, acceleration was brisk but not outstanding. The HUD was very good, very clear, but one minor gripe, the car had a slight pitch front to rear, this was accentuated by the HUD also rising up and down in front of you.
I was very impressed with the i pedal it brought the car to a standstill and stayed there without having to use the handbrake.
One thing that did irritate, was the heated seats switch, when you adjust the radio, Sat Nav or whatever the seat heating comes on!
No mats in the car, but I advised, they are on the way from KIA and I will get them.
Too many features on the car to try them all in the short time I had the car. But I am looking forward to taking delivery 1st November.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don’t have tall calves!!
Ha, ok, just making sure that you've already tested the EV6, since you've had that issue in another car. I wish I could remember what review it was, I think I've about watched all of them. All I remember is it was a left hand drive vehicle, because they showed a camera angle from towards the passenger side showing how the steering column bulges down a bit, and it hit his knees as he got in/out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gordon
Thanks for the review.
I have driven the q4 but won’t be able to drive the EV6 for a couple of weeks yet. My big problem is I want the EV6 which the other half doesn’t like and she wants the Audi which I’m not a fan of. Spec difference between the motors, EV6 wins hands down, there’s no comparison, it’s EV6 any day of the week. Power wise, same size battery and range however EV6 has about 150bhp more than the Audi. To be honest at the moment I have one of each on order🤦‍♂️and seriously hoping she changes her mind once she actually sees it in the flesh as I was surprised when I saw the car in reality to the pictures. Time will tell however I’m not holding my breath for a result in my favour ☹

·
Registered
23 Posts
I test drove the Q4 about a month before the EV6 - You're not missing anything if you don't test drive the Q4.

The Q4 was just dull and slow I thought. I drive an Audi A3 at the moment and hate Audi for 'that's an extra cost'. The dash is all pointy and pointless I thought. Back seats ok but not that much room compared to all the others. Boot was ok. Comfortable to drive but not very quick off the line. Very laggy infotainment system. And it costs nearly £10k more for the nearly as good spec. Better quality interior than the EV6 but not by much.

Shame really as I thought I would really like it.

EV6 is still the winner for me and I've considered all the others.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gordon
Thanks for the review.
I have driven the q4 but won’t be able to drive the EV6 for a couple of weeks yet. My big problem is I want the EV6 which the other half doesn’t like and she wants the Audi which I’m not a fan of. Spec difference between the motors, EV6 wins hands down, there’s no comparison, it’s EV6 any day of the week. Power wise, same size battery and range however EV6 has about 150bhp more than the Audi. To be honest at the moment I have one of each on order🤦‍♂️and seriously hoping she changes her mind once she actually sees it in the flesh as I was surprised when I saw the car in reality to the pictures. Time will tell however I’m not holding my breath for a result in my favour ☹
Same with my wife. I think my wife just liked it because it was an Audi and it 'looked nice'. I wanted the Ionic 5, but she REALLY hated that one!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I maybe am but £6k more for as Audi awd was never considered
Understood. Things are different here in the US, Audi has limited many of our choices, but priced it fairly competitively. A fully loaded AWD Q4 will be about $60K, and looks like the EV6 might be close to the same. But the fully loaded EV6 will have some things we can't order on the Q4, such as 360 camera & ventilated seats.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Same with my wife. I think my wife just liked it because it was an Audi and it 'looked nice'. I wanted the Ionic 5, but she REALLY hated that one!
I am fortunate, my wife really likes the EV6. I saw the launch video back in March and showed her. She really was taken with the car, she even said WOW!
When the £100 reservation came at the end of March, she told me to pay it. Then when orders opened in May, I was told to pay the deposit and order the car. I chose the GT Line S AWD.
At the presentation in August she was impressed, yesterday she was extremely impressed at the car during the test drive. I have showed her other EVs but the EV6 is her favourite.
Just as well she likes the car, her money is paying for it!

·
Registered
76 Posts
As an ID.4 owner... the Q4 probably drives the same since it is built on the same MEB platform. A steel boat with lots of body roll. It's comfortable because of the soft suspension but wow I did not notice how bad it was until I had a full day with a Model 3 Standard Range. That Tesla was flawless... interior, exterior, charging, navigating, driving, etc. compared to the glitchy mess that is the ID.4. Too bad it's a sedan.

I'm getting a Model Y for now (picking up Sat) then if the EV6 arrives and is available before my Cyber Orange Mach-E in July/August... I will probably buy one. Yellow please! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im in the states, so neither myself, nor my lovely and charming wife, are able to test drive either the EV6 or the Q4 etron at the moment. Her current car is an ICE Audi A4, which both she and I find to be a great driving car, with well thought out systems and finishes. We will be replacing my daily driver (a chevy bolt - must replace due to a small problem with having to worry about the battery pack catching on fire), but me thinks perhaps I should make the new car her new car. (I did buy a new truck last year.) She likes what she reads about both cars in the reviews....So I'm another man who is curious to see what his wife's preferences will be.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am a bit short so need the seat well forward, this caused my knee to strike the underside of the steering column when exiting the car, something that would seriously pi55 me off if the car was mine.
Have you tested the the EV6? I saw a video review of it that complained of that very issue, because the steering column hangs somewhat low. If I remember correctly this was a rather tall reviewer, so maybe the issue is specific to those with tall calves. 🤷‍♂️
FWIW, I found the video I had previously seen that mentions this issue (@6:48). But probably just an issue for people with long legs. If you don't speak German, you'll have to use the translate feature to see what he's talking about...

·
Registered
2 Posts
As the title suggests, had anyone test driven both or any of these cars and what are your thoughts?
Any comments appreciated
Thanks
I testdrove the Audi q4 e tron 40 and today also the rwd kia ev6. Both are good to drive and comfortable. I would go for the awd kia ev6. The rwd was just a little bit to slow the first meters... the audi feels faster of the line... Go awd kia ev6 or rwd audi Q4 e-tron :)
As the title suggests, had anyone test driven both or any of these cars and what are your thoughts?
Any comments appreciated
Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts