Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can I ask members who have there cars how they are getting on with the boot space.

We are moving from a VW Tiguan to the EV6 and my lady is concerned the boot is not going to be big enough.

How are others getting on with there boot space?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi All,

Can I ask members who have there cars how they are getting on with the boot space.

We are moving from a VW Tiguan to the EV6 and my lady is concerned the boot is not going to be big enough.

How are others getting on with there boot space?
We have also moved from a Tiguan to EV6, space is fine for us, height is not as in the Tiguan, but length wise it is fine. If you regularly carry lots of stuff and your Tiguan was crammed, then it will be an issue but otherwise should be OK. I don't think there is another EV available at the moment which will have similar boot space to the Tiguan.

·
Super Moderator
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have also moved from a Tiguan to EV6, space is fine for us, height is not as in the Tiguan, but length wise it is fine. If you regularly carry lots of stuff and your Tiguan was crammed, then it will be an issue but otherwise should be OK. I don't think there is another EV available at the moment which will have similar boot space to the Tiguan.
Thank you.

The VW ID4 is close but the interior dash is horrible.
Tesla Model X but not a great fan of the dash layout of this either.
The Ioniq 5 surprising has a bigger boot but again dash and center console.

The only time i can see it being a real issue is going on holiday, we can fit three large suitcases in the back and then fold the center section of the rear seats and fir a fourth large suitcase here but the EV6 does not allow the center to fold which was a disappointment for us.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you.

The VW ID4 is close but the interior dash is horrible.
Tesla Model X but not a great fan of the dash layout of this either.
The Ioniq 5 surprising has a bigger boot but again dash and center console.

The only time i can see it being a real issue is going on holiday, we can fit three large suitcases in the back and then fold the center section of the rear seats and fir a fourth large suitcase here but the EV6 does not allow the center to fold which was a disappointment for us.
Your welcome, totally agree with your comments, I don't understand why all manufacturers don't fit 40/20/40 rear seats, especially in hatchbacks would make them so much more versatile.

·
Super Moderator
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your welcome, totally agree with your comments, I don't understand why all manufacturers don't fit 40/20/40 rear seats, especially in hatchbacks would make them so much more versatile.
It just gives you so many options, for a car of 53K you would think it would have it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was also concerned about the boot space. I have now a renault Espace of 2015. It's huge..
I expected the kia would not be able to fit our needs. So I took my gear when I went on testdrive..
I tried my diving gear equipment in large plastic boxes (2x myself and my wife) and it fitted.

We have two inflatable kanoes of 5m which are huge as well. And both fitted in as well. I did had to remove the floow that makes everything equal.
But the height due to depth of the booth is bigger then you expect on the first sight...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Of the cars I have looked at so far, Skoda Enyaq appears to have one of the larger boot spaces of the current new crop of EVs
Among other EV cars I test drove before choosing the EV6 was the Enyaq. Compared to the EV6, I found it ugly and boring, especially that daft fake grill. It's claimed to have been designed to make its appearance easier for ICE car owners to switch to the Enyaq.

As for larger boot space, for me the EV6 has plenty. If one needs much more, maybe it should be considered if one needs a van.

(And another key point for me is the Kia 7 year warranty, compared to Skoda and most other car manufacturers' 3 years.)

·
Super Moderator
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Among other EV cars I test drove before choosing the EV6 was the Enyaq. Compared to the EV6, I found it ugly and boring, especially that daft fake grill. It's claimed to have been designed to make its appearance easier for ICE car owners to switch to the Enyaq.

As for larger boot space, for me the EV6 has plenty. If one needs much more, maybe it should be considered if one needs a van.

(And another key point for me is the Kia 7 year warranty, compared to Skoda and most other car manufacturers' 3 years.)
Van 😆 😆 😆

·
Super Moderator
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Half joking, all in earnest!

For what it's worth, I'm trading in my Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, which is a pretty big car. Nevertheless, its boot space is 5.5% smaller than the EV6's.
(y)

·
Super Moderator
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone tried large suitcases in there car yet?

·
Super Moderator
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you, seen the box one already will watch the second video. (y)

·
Super Moderator
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just watched the second video and why are they obsessed with boxes, I do drive around with a boot full of boxes, why can they not do things we drive around with or possibly drive around with, Suitcases, Golf Clubs, Shopping bags, Bikes etc etc.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,431 Posts
Just watched the second video and why are they obsessed with boxes, I do drive around with a boot full of boxes, why can they not do things we drive around with or possibly drive around with, Suitcases, Golf Clubs, Shopping bags, Bikes etc etc.
Agreed. We need this video for the EV6

·
Super Moderator
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Agree, We all know the Tesla X has a massive boot space.

·
Super Moderator
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Agreed. We need this video for the EV6

Interesting the Polestar took four suitcases without issue and is what we will need to carry.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,431 Posts
Here’s one with suitcases.

and a thread with pics.

·
Super Moderator
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you, ideal. (y)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.