Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
My EV6 is going to arrive late in May, beginning june.
The first thing I will do is plan a weekend on a campsite in Netherlands (Due to many Ionity Quick Chargers).
I will not go abroad immediately, really anxious on the impact on range. I assume that more around 2hrs of driving on highway would be more or less limit...
Normally I go to France, but Belgium has very few to no Quick chargers and I am not sure if we make it through "ardennen" There the highway is constanly going uphill and downhill for long stretch with no petrol nor EV charging stations..

·
Registered
40 Posts
How much energy did it consume to make that meal? If I bought a small portable refrigerator box could I keep it plugged into the 110 V outlet by the backseat? Or does the 110 v outlet only work when the vehicle is not in use?

·
Registered
EV6 Wind AWD + Tech Package
58 Posts
Was talking this over with my better half last night and her eyes lit up. Ya know what else can get powered by just one standard outlet?
  • Instant-pot
  • Electric griddle
  • Air fryer
  • Dorm-scale microwave
  • Toaster oven
  • Electric kettle
  • Rice cooker
I feel a little like a dunce for not seeing the obvious right away. You can't do very much simultaneously, of course. There's a ton of opportunity in that little feature.

·
Registered
EV6 Wind AWD + Tech Package
58 Posts
It is rated to handle up to 1800 watts. You can do more with that than you think. A powerstrip and maybe a Kill-A-Watt to monitor the output so you don't go over.
Its not about the number of plugs. Some of those loads will run right up to their nameplate limit and stay there. Running an electric kettle and microwave at the same time wouldn't be a good idea. Running several pulsed loads together (say, griddle, air fryer, and toaster oven) might stay well under 1800W on average, but if they all turn on at the same time would greatly exceed 15A. Inverters have a tendency not to support peaky loads like that.

Otherwise yes, a little attention to detail and common sense should go a long way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts