Kia EV6 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I picked up my car last night. I got the error message this evening. I’m devastated and pissed off. I can’t believe this is happening.
Picked up after purchase or from the service shop? What we're all experiencing is very typical when you buy 1st year models. Basically, we become guinea pigs. So sit back, relax, fasten your seat belt and put your tray in the upright position bc your trip might take longer than expected. Tip: be patient with the service people and open a case with Kia Customer affairs by calling: 520.274.1103. The wait will be worth it! (my wait is almost 3 months long) They are performing final extended test today on mine and hope to pick it up later. 🤞

·
Registered
283 Posts
Picked up after purchase or from the service shop? What we're all experiencing is very typical when you buy 1st year models. Basically, we become guinea pigs. So sit back, relax, fasten your seat belt and put your tray in the upright position bc your trip might take longer than expected. Tip: be patient with the service people and open a case with Kia Customer affairs by calling: 520.274.1103. The wait will be worth it! (my wait is almost 3 months long) They are performing final extended test today on mine and hope to pick it up later. 🤞
I agree with the sentiment of being nice to the service people at the dealership. I don't like to give dealerships the benefit of the doubt under normal circumstances, but on these EV6's their hands are literally tied. Kia won't let them touch much of anything without tech line being involved. If the case gets escalated to Kia engineering as mine has, they move even slower. It took Kia Engineering almost two weeks to get back to the service techs just to get them to diagnose my issue.

Edited to add: I'm glad you're hopefully getting your car back soon EdgardN, hope everything is tip top!

·
Registered
283 Posts
FINALLY!!! 🥳 Got my car back after 85 days' wait. Had the A/C compressor + its computer module replaced. So far so good! Hope everyone also get back it soon. Good luck!!!
Glad you got your car back. I'm at about 40 days right now and have no firm estimate of when it might get fixed. Dealership is waiting on a battery module that is being shipped from Korea. The confusing part for me is that the part is "backordered" but Kia CA advised me that it was "en route" to US with an estimated ETA of August. I am extremely frustrated with the lack of clarity and communication. My "escalated" CA rep called me on Monday and advised that she would call me back in "2-3" business days with an update. It's now Friday and I have heard nothing. I am a firm believer that these reps should not make promises that they are not prepared to keep.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had the error show up few days after delivery(Took Delivery on May 27th, First Edition 308/1500), KIA called(Guess they were notified of the alert) and scheduled an appointment with service @ local KIA dealership. Dropped off the car Monday, told today it has a bad cell and "waiting on KIA to let us know which steps to take". This is not good,

·
Registered
438 Posts
Had the error show up few days after delivery(Took Delivery on May 27th, First Edition 308/1500), KIA called(Guess they were notified of the alert) and scheduled an appointment with service @ local KIA dealership. Dropped off the car Monday, told today it has a bad cell and "waiting on KIA to let us know which steps to take". This is not good,
Either they will replace the module the cell is in or the pack. Likely the worse part will be how long it takes to get the parts. The work itself is not that bad other than labor hours.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Either they will replace the module the cell is in or the pack. Likely the worse part will be how long it takes to get the parts. The work itself is not that bad other than labor hours.
Correct, my car is currently sitting in the dealer disassembled waiting for one battery module. Service manager at the dealer told me that once they get the part in the fix will be really quick. I was told ETA was August shipping from Korea, then I was told it shipped but it's still on backorder, doesn't make much sense to me but the communication from Kia CA has completely fallen apart.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't see how they would allow the pack to be broken into to replace the bad cell/module, it's quite invasive from what I have seen. I can see them having to replace the whole pack if a module/cell is bad, what are they doing to yours? Whole pack or Module/cell?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Don't see how they would allow the pack to be broken into to replace the bad cell/module, it's quite invasive from what I have seen. I can see them having to replace the whole pack if a module/cell is bad, what are they doing to yours? Whole pack or Module/cell?
I'm not 100% certain, I asked this question to both the dealer and Kia CA and they were uncertain since the parts are so new. But the dealer did tell me they'd give me a detailed breakdown of how the fix goes. However the dealer did tell me they were told to test every cell individually

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not 100% certain, I asked this question to both the dealer and Kia CA and they were uncertain since the parts are so new. But the dealer did tell me they'd give me a detailed breakdown of how the fix goes. However the dealer did tell me they were told to test every cell individually
Please keep us posted I would like to know what they do to fix/resolve the issue.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Correct, my car is currently sitting in the dealer disassembled waiting for one battery module. Service manager at the dealer told me that once they get the part in the fix will be really quick. I was told ETA was August shipping from Korea, then I was told it shipped but it's still on backorder, doesn't make much sense to me but the communication from Kia CA has completely fallen apart.
Whole shebang is messed up right now. Though it does give me flashbacks to the Bolt recall on the entire pack and how GM bungled communication so bad.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Whole shebang is messed up right now. Though it does give me flashbacks to the Bolt recall on the entire pack and how GM bungled communication so bad.
Yeah the whole thing is really bizarre to me. When I took the car in I was getting 180 miles of range at 100% while I was showing efficiency numbers pushing 4 mi/kWh. At first they tested everything out and said nothing was wrong and tried to give me the car back. I asked them to do a factory reset of the computer and it was showing the same 180 miles. After Kia engineering told them to test each cell they found 1 bad cell in 1 module. So they are telling me that out of the thousands of cells in the vehicle the one bad cell is causing enough havoc to drop range from 275ish to 180. At the end of the day if they can fix the vehicle so it's right that is preferable to me over a buyout. If I replace it at this point I'll be waiting who knows how long for a car and I know I won't be able to get the same interest rate that I got in March. It's extremely frustrating, but I just have to wait I guess.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Latest on my EV6 "We got word from Kia. They are aware of the issues throughout the EV6s. They are sending a team out to us to repair the bad cell on your vehicle. We don't have an ETA at the moment of their arrival."

·
Registered
283 Posts
Latest on my EV6 "We got word from Kia. They are aware of the issues throughout the EV6s. They are sending a team out to us to repair the bad cell on your vehicle. We don't have an ETA at the moment of their arrival."
Interesting... my last discussion with Kia CA was yesterday and she was still trying to get an update for me. I was advised that she will reach out "daily" with updates. I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wind AWD tech pack, got the message last night after only a few days with the car, 140 miles total.

I went to a Level 3 fast charger, filled up no problem @ 150kwh, drove home, plugged into a level 2 and error. "Check vehicle electric system."

App notification says "CRITICAL EV BATTERY WARNING" "Your EV battery has a critical issue."

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am getting the Check vehicle electric system warning everyday for a week. Can works perfectly except wont charge past 80% on my LVL2 charger. Afraid to give to dealer and lose for weeks on end. But I did schedule drop off for tomorrow. Again I would rather not give to them since I don't think any know how to fix.

·
Registered
EV6 Wind AWD w/Tech Package
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Wind AWD tech pack, got the message last night after only a few days with the car, 140 miles total.

I went to a Level 3 fast charger, filled up no problem @ 150kwh, drove home, plugged into a level 2 and error. "Check vehicle electric system."

App notification says "CRITICAL EV BATTERY WARNING" "Your EV battery has a critical issue."
What's the error code in the app?

·
Registered
EV6 Wind AWD w/Tech Package
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I am getting the Check vehicle electric system warning everyday for a week. Can works perfectly except wont charge past 80% on my LVL2 charger. Afraid to give to dealer and lose for weeks on end. But I did schedule drop off for tomorrow. Again I would rather not give to them since I don't think any know how to fix.
Do you have the code from the app?

41 - 60 of 98 Posts