Kia EV6 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do you have the code from the app?
That's the crazy part. App shows no error or issue. It is the warning that pops up when you start on the dash. Every since the warning started the charge only to 80 started. I have never used a DC but have charged to 100 each month (twice in total). I probably have put 600 miles driving with the error.

·
Premium Member
Wind AWD in Central Oregon
437 Posts
Are you positive? I had a different issue but the app showed the error in Vehicle Health Report. You click on the car icon in the upper left. It wasn't obvious to me at first.

·
Registered
18 Posts
On June 28th from service advisor got 'Got the modules switched over and we officially know which module we will need to be replacing. They ordered up everything today and we are looking at a 3 week turn around from now." I haven't gotten an update since.

·
Registered
283 Posts
On June 28th from service advisor got 'Got the modules switched over and we officially know which module we will need to be replacing. They ordered up everything today and we are looking at a 3 week turn around from now." I haven't gotten an update since.
I've been waiting on a battery module since May 5, mine is supposed to be at the dealer on the 9th. Fingers crossed

·
Premium Member
Wind AWD in Central Oregon
437 Posts
Here's the code from dealer. They are going to clear. Drive to see if comes up again. And try charge to see if can go over 80%. They did say any time electric error code that car will not charge past 80%.
Just a suggestion, but with different error codes you might want to create a separate thread.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 Wind
248 Posts
Here's the code from dealer. They are going to clear. Drive to see if comes up again. And try charge to see if can go over 80%. They did say any time electric error code that car will not charge past 80%.
Here's the details on the HV DTC. The second code just means your 12v battery is low. If there's a problem with the HV system, it's probably not charging the 12v battery.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here's the details on the HV DTC. The second code just means your 12v battery is low. If there's a problem with the HV system, it's probably not charging the 12v battery.
Thank you. Dealer cleared codes drive around. Charged to 100 and no errors. 12V checked had good strength. So we just left hoping no more. It came on at window tinter where the workers left car running in parking lot in 90 degrees day with no air. Figuring maybe heat set it off since no cooling. I am just happy to have and no warning for now

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like I have a similar issue as jjcgolf72.

I can confirm my car will no longer charge past 80%. Vehicle diagnostics say there are no problems. App does not give an error code.

My warning came on after driving home from an EA 150kwh charger and plugging in. I charged to 90%. It could be a heat related issue, but it was not hot out when this happened to me and I only charged for 20 minutes. It was night time and in the upper 60s.

Only used the car moderately for a few days before the problem happened. Perhaps it has something to do with car being left running while idle for extended periods? Whatever it is I have a feeling this is not going to be the last time we have to go to the dealer to clear the error msg/charging block.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Keep us posted if the 9th of July date slips.
Talked to the dealership today and the expected arrival date is now 7/15. I was speaking with the service manager and I asked him his level of confidence and he just said under 50%. Seems like it’s not possible to track these shipments or at least they will not give that info to a dealership. I’m beyond frustrated at this point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
on the third day of having my new Kia EV6 I also got "check electric vehicle system" appearing every time I start my car. It started this morning after I charged the car at a IONITY fastcharger here in Sweden. I went to my Kia dealership directly and they made a fast check and talked about some cooling valve... I could continue to drive it and when they have more time in August they will take a closer look at the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 21 Niro EV that is displaying “check electric vehicle system”. I was not able to change gears out of park and had it towed to my closest Kia dealership. I’ve had the car 1 year and have about 9k miles on it. I didn’t see a thread for this error with the Niro so I’m jumping in on this one. I haven’t gotten an update on my car, but was told the lead shop tech will call me tomorrow. This does not sound good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Talked to the dealership today and the expected arrival date is now 7/15. I was speaking with the service manager and I asked him his level of confidence and he just said under 50%. Seems like it’s not possible to track these shipments or at least they will not give that info to a dealership. I’m beyond frustrated at this point.
Did 7/15 arrival happen?I am told module enroute and should show up this week, not holding my breath from your experience.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Did 7/15 arrival happen?I am told module enroute and should show up this week, not holding my breath from your experience.
Nope, now I’m told no one knows if or when it shipped and there is no longer an ETA. Kia is further escalating my case and it is being evaluated for buyback/replacement. I would accept a replacement if the wait isn’t crazy but I will not accept a buyback. I am beyond frustrated at this point

·
Registered
283 Posts
So what are people doing without their car for months on end? Walking 100 miles to and from work in my case?
I am fortunate enough to have the luxury of being able to keep another ICE vehicle around. My car went into the shop on 5/5, dealership finally got me a loaner on 7/1 but it's a 10 year old Sorrento that stinks like cigarette smoke. Needless to say I am underwhelmed with Kia's service experience.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts