Kia EV6 Forum banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am fortunate enough to have the luxury of being able to keep another ICE vehicle around. My car went into the shop on 5/5, dealership finally got me a loaner on 7/1 but it's a 10 year old Sorrento that stinks like cigarette smoke. Needless to say I am underwhelmed with Kia's service experience.
Ooof. I wonder if they will reimburse me my rental money if this ever happens. Could be a few thousand dollars by the sound of it. If not, I'd flip this bitch so fast it would make heads spin once I got it back. Probably make back my rental fees, lol!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ooof. I wonder if they will reimburse me my rental money if this ever happens. Could be a few thousand dollars by the sound of it. If not, I'd flip this bitch so fast it would make heads spin once I got it back. Probably make back my rental fees, lol!
From what I understand they will reimburse a rental up to a certain dollar amount per day. To Kia's credit they have promised to reimburse my car note for every day out of service, plus they have alluded to additional compensation for inconvenience. They will not make any monetary guarantees until the car is repaired and returned to me. Obviously if we go the buyback/replacement route those details would change.

·
Registered
18 Posts
From what I understand they will reimburse a rental up to a certain dollar amount per day. To Kia's credit they have promised to reimburse my car note for every day out of service, plus they have alluded to additional compensation for inconvenience. They will not make any monetary guarantees until the car is repaired and returned to me. Obviously if we go the buyback/replacement route those details would change.
I need to start having this discussion with KIA as mine went into the shop on 6/11 but they did give me a rental from day one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Got another update this morning, I was told the battery module WILL be at the dealership next week. However, Kia has decided to send an engineer out the following week (on 8/2) to assist with the repair and diagnostics thereafter. Looks like I'll be a guinea pig, but if it helps Kia figure out what went wrong and how to fix it properly I guess it's for the best.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got another update this morning, I was told the battery module WILL be at the dealership next week. However, Kia has decided to send an engineer out the following week (on 8/2) to assist with the repair and diagnostics thereafter. Looks like I'll be a guinea pig, but if it helps Kia figure out what went wrong and how to fix it properly I guess it's for the best.
update from service advisor from this morning "Good morning. We have word that the battery will be arriving tomorrow and the field service technicians are planning to be here tomorrow and Friday." keeping fingers crossed.

·
Registered
283 Posts
update from service advisor from this morning "Good morning. We have word that the battery will be arriving tomorrow and the field service technicians are planning to be here tomorrow and Friday." keeping fingers crossed.
Just out of sheer curiosity, what part of the country are you located? I'm really happy for you that your car is getting fixed soon (fingers crossed), but it's annoying that my car went in a month before yours and I'm still looking at at least 2 weeks (not your fault of course).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just out of sheer curiosity, what part of the country are you located? I'm really happy for you that your car is getting fixed soon (fingers crossed), but it's annoying that my car went in a month before yours and I'm still looking at at least 2 weeks (not your fault of course).
Texas, Dallas Suburbs. This afternoon service advisor let me know the battery module arrived at the dealership and he let KIA field service representatives know that they had received the module. They would be at the dealership tomorrow to being the swap. Will keep you posted on progress.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Texas, Dallas Suburbs. This afternoon service advisor let me know the battery module arrived at the dealership and he let KIA field service representatives know that they had received the module. They would be at the dealership tomorrow to being the swap. Will keep you posted on progress.
Good deal and good luck!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Any update from your dealer?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any update from your dealer?
I have taken delivery of my car, its battery module #32 was replaced and they tested it using DC and AC charging and no faults were thrown. I have driven it a few miles and so far all is green.
I plan to put more miles and charge using AC and DC chargers to test it out further.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have taken delivery of my car, its battery module #32 was replaced and they tested it using DC and AC charging and no faults were thrown. I have driven it a few miles and so far all is green.
I plan to put more miles and charge using AC and DC chargers to test it out further.
Any possible explanation offered or just unknown failure.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well Kia Engineering finally got to the dealership yesterday. I received a call mid-morning that they had begun working on it but were documenting every step because apparently these cell replacements are pretty rare at this point. Dealership's tech was being allowed to observe but not touch the car. At about 5PM I got a notification from the Kia app that "one or more doors were unlocked". The car has been disassembled for over two months so this is the first time the app had updated since then. I quickly logged in and my heart sank as the range was showing 140 miles at 100%. After about 15 minutes I refreshed and now the range showed 260 miles at 100%... much better, they must have needed to reboot it. After that I saw that they took the car on a couple of short test drives, so that's definitely good. Here's to hoping that the wrap it up in the next day or two and I finally get my car back.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Good to hear, was told by the service advisor that they had the shop foreman observe the battery module swap so that it could be done by them in the future.
Yeah my service advisor sounded slightly miffed that their techs wouldn't be assisting but it doesn't bother me at all. I talked to the dealership again today and the engineers wanted to keep the car for an extra day or two to make sure everything is tip top, but fingers crossed I'll be getting the car back on Friday.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts