• Maybe

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Yes, love it

Votes: 2 13.3%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
EV6 77kWh RWD Steel Grey (05/22)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see how "my color" would look with a chrome delete and dark transparent wrap on the blinkers...

Left: original / Right: chrome delete

Car Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

What do you think?

Registered
Much better....thinking of doing similar on my GT-Line S in Blue.

Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
There's almost no bright or shiny parts on the EV6, actually. LOL

I'd probably consider black rims...

Registered
It's just a Photoshop to try out how it would look.
LOL ... Ok because that wouldn't work in real life.. it would black out your turn signals.
Personally I like the cool chrome turn signals that turn yellow when in use...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL ... Ok because that wouldn't work in real life.. it would black out your turn signals.
Personally I like the cool chrome turn signals that turn yellow when in use...
You could use a semi transparent film to darken the chrome. I think it's possible, just need to find the right foil.

Registered
Yes I heard that in the rumor mill but not sure if it true..
Every video I've seen of US spec EV6s has shown the upper red portion used for indicators rather than the lower amber portion. Maybe someone who wanted those blacked out could get their car reprogrammed to US spec. 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Every video I've seen of US spec EV6s has shown the upper red portion used for indicators rather than the lower amber portion. Maybe someone who wanted those blacked out could get their car reprogrammed to US spec. 馃槈
Any link to a video?

Registered
Any link to a video?
In the first promo video for a US spec EV6, just after it turns the corner around the building, you can barely catch that it was the upper red portion that was blinking (also note the front indicators also aren't sequential). Then in the second video, you can see a US spec car where the upper red portion blinks for the tailgate opening, rather than like all the other regions where the amber lights flash:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In the first promo video for a US spec EV6, just after it turns the corner around the building, you can barely catch that it was the upper red portion that was blinking (also note the front indicators also aren't sequential). Then in the second video, you can see a US spec car where the upper red portion blinks for the tailgate opening, rather than like all the other regions where the amber lights flash:
Ah yes I forgot that red turning indicators are standard in the US.

ps. We also only get the sequential indicators on the top spec... Which was too expensive for me.

Registered
I'm going to be really bummed if we don't get the sequential indicators in the US. No reason not to as other makes have them.

Just watched the US Emmy's commercial and the AGT promo, neither had sequential and both had the top red as the blinker :(

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really couldn't care. I never see myself indicating :D

Registered
I'm going to be really bummed if we don't get the sequential indicators in the US. No reason not to as other makes have them.
I have yet to see a video an EV6 that is claimed to be a US spec version, showing sequential indicators. I don't understand why either, there must be some technicality that the EV6 sequential indicators doesn't meet for current DOT requirements. I'm HOPING that the hardware is all there, and there might be some way to enable them. This would typically be relatively trivial on VW/Audi vehicles with VAGCOM programming. When I searched before, I did see a similar tool for Kias, but but it seemed relatively obscure, so I doubt there'd be as much support for it as VAGCOM tools.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts