Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning! I recently placed a deposit on an incoming EV6 (Wind AWD + Tech) that is expected to arrive some time in the next week. I've benefited a great deal from this forum.

In my review of posts, I was aware that in response to the MA "right to repair" law, Kia disabled Kia Connect access to all vehicles that are purchased in state. I was able to still justify the purchase; however, I just realized that the free 1000 kwh via Electrify America is activated via Kia Connect. My dealer was not the most forthcoming when I asked, but I'm gathering that the free charging incentive is also unavailable to MA residents that purchased in-state.

Has anyone else on this forum purchased an EV6 in MA? I'm curious to hear of others' experiences with this situation and if anyone can confirm that I won't have access to the charging incentive.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sort of related to that, is it only for vehicles purchased in MA or registered in MA? Would it make a difference if the vehicle was purchased in RI or NH, for example.
Great question. From my (limited) understanding, Kia Connect is disabled for all vehicles that have been delivered to MA dealerships. I believe that if a vehicle is purchased out of state, and the purchaser selects "MA" when setting up Kia Connect, access will also be denied. There seems to be an obvious workaround for the latter situation, but I don't think there's any workaround for vehicles purchased in MA. I'm hoping someone here can confirm/reject my understanding.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE Urban Yellow
95 Posts
Here's a previous thread that hit on this topic for those residing or buying an EV6 in MA.

EDIT: You are still entitled to the EA charging credit. You should ask the dealer or contact Kia Customer Support directly. 2: The Kia Connect app provides the code you enter into the EA app, so Kia should be able to provide a code if the Connect app really won't register for your VIN.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a previous thread that hit on this topic for those residing or buying an EV6 in MA.

EDIT: You are still entitled to the EA charging credit. You should ask the dealer or contact Kia Customer Support directly. 2: The Kia Connect app provides the code you enter into the EA app, so Kia should be able to provide a code if the Connect app really won't register for your VIN.
Thank you @FollowFE Your post is really helpful in summing up a number of issues for MA consumers. I didn't think about reaching out to Kia Customer support, but it's comforting to know that this might be a workaround for the charging incentive.

To add on to the MA complaints, I just saw that EverSource's incentives for charger rebate and Connected Solutions is currently on hold. Hopefully it's not removed altogether.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm trying to get a better sense of the situation for purchasers in MA. Is the hotspot completely disabled, so that no remote access is available at all? How about OTA updates? Does this mean that -- when using the in-built navigation software -- no real-time traffic information will be available?

Edit: Will all of these features be unavailable, and ONLY these features:
Kia Connect by Kia. Tap into the future.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD (Glacier/Grey)
52 Posts
I'm trying to get a better sense of the situation for purchasers in MA. Is the hotspot completely disabled, so that no remote access is available at all? How about OTA updates? Does this mean that -- when using the in-built navigation software -- no real-time traffic information will be available?

Edit: Will all of these features be unavailable, and ONLY these features:
Kia Connect by Kia. Tap into the future.

You can get the 1000 kWh from Electrify America even if Kia Connect is disabled in Massachusetts. All other features are disabled. I don't there is a viable work-around. Kia Connect identified the vehicle using VIN, which flags the sale/ownership in MA. Please update if you have additional information.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts