Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
It does take some time to setup the app properly with the customized fields. I will see if I can export the file that I created and if I can I will post it here and people can import it saving lots of time.
very cool if you can do the export, no rush though. I still probably have another 6 weeks of waiting for my EV6 to arrive (and that's if I'm lucky) hah

·
Registered
Kia EV6 limited
71 Posts
Hi

Just got my EV6 Light on 5/1/2022, and right now I have a little bit over 1000 miles on it. When I charge the car to 100% it only showed estimate rate of 205 miles, see picture. It seemed like the battery is already degrade 12%. Do you know if it will be able to recapture more mileage when I have more miles on the vehicle, or it will only get lower mileage going forward?

I drive about 120 miles each day for work and I have been charging it at Chargepoint at 6kW per hour. I drive on the Eco mode and the estimate mile appear to be for Eco mode.

Just want to see if anyone have any suggestion or take on why the vehicle is not getting 232 miles at 100% charged.

Appreciate any feedback on this issue.

Thanks
George

View attachment 5574
Does your car have a heat pump? Are you learning how to maximize your regen?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Just got my EV6 Light on 5/1/2022, and right now I have a little bit over 1000 miles on it. When I charge the car to 100% it only showed estimate rate of 205 miles, see picture. It seemed like the battery is already degrade 12%. Do you know if it will be able to recapture more mileage when I have more miles on the vehicle, or it will only get lower mileage going forward?

I drive about 120 miles each day for work and I have been charging it at Chargepoint at 6kW per hour. I drive on the Eco mode and the estimate mile appear to be for Eco mode.

Just want to see if anyone have any suggestion or take on why the vehicle is not getting 232 miles at 100% charged.

Thanks
George

View attachment 5574
Having the very similar Ioniq5, you will notice that while the alleged range may be getting less and less you will get more actual miles... You have 100% and 205 projected range but when you get to 50% you will probably show 140 miles+- I know I start the Am with a 39 mile drive, but when I get there my range is only off by 28 to 20

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

Thanks
George

View attachment 5574
Battery degradation is measured by the charge it holds in kwh, not by range. The range is just a guess based on your pass drving history and kw usage. Are you using AC with the blowers on, are you driving a lot of highway miles at the max speed limit?
One way to measure how efficient you are in driving is to review your drive history and see what your m/kwh is? If you have the 77.4 kwh battery , you will need to get over 3.5 ( my estimate, may not be exact) mi/kwh to get the stated range. There is usally an indicator that you can display that shows realtime mi/kwh.
That indicater will give you realtime feedback on how efficiently you are driving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Thanks
George

View attachment 5574
You're not doing anything wrong it's just a poor quality battery. I have a Tesla model S. 108000K miles =7% degradation

·
Registered
726 Posts
What I don't understand is if you drive 120 miles each day for work an you got your car back in January how come you only uave 1000 miles on the clock?
Not sure if OP had edited his post at some point, but as it currently reads it says that he got his EV6 back on 5/1; guessing you UK folks read numeric dates as DD/MM? It's the only thing I can think of that might explain why you thought OP (who is U.S. according to his avatar) said he got his EV back in January...

21 - 40 of 50 Posts