Kia EV6 Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Light
14 Posts
My commute is 120 miles a day min for work as well and I am getting an estimated range of 215 at an 80% charge. BUT I am avoiding the highway until I can get a front end clear bra installed. Maybe that's why since I am mostly on roads 55mph and under. Also, I am only a week into ownership.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 limited
72 Posts
My commute is 120 miles a day min for work as well and I am getting an estimated range of 215 at an 80% charge. BUT I am avoiding the highway until I can get a front end clear bra installed. Maybe that's why since I am mostly on roads 55mph and under. Also, I am only a week into ownership.
Will the clear bra cover the sensors?:unsure:

·
Registered
673 Posts
No, they have cutouts for them on the precut kits or an installer cuts them out after applying the film over from a sheet. I have the base so I don’t have the front sensors
If @DonaldS radar, not a problem at all. If parking sensors -

On all the wraps I've ever looked closely at, they either individually wrap the sensors or often just go straight over them and shrink it down "good enough." Apparently that all just works, no big deal. I'd assume it impacts range, but who knows. Could be different with PPF vs vinyl, but I wouldn't bet on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
System using the previous driving style or not, the algorithm is FLAWED.

Have my car two weeks today. Just finished a four day round-trip in socal (Friday to Monday). Charged every night to 95-100% and had 280 miles -- driving 70-80 all weekend. On Monday, drove faster to get home and all three charges yielded 270-280. Then suddenly on Tuesday, 230. Wednesday, 230. And today 230 - despite two days of moderate driving. Using the previous driving is actually silly. Display the mileage based on kw availability, THEN adjust based on style.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
214 Posts
System using the previous driving style or not, the algorithm is FLAWED.

Have my car two weeks today. Just finished a four day round-trip in socal (Friday to Monday). Charged every night to 95-100% and had 280 miles -- driving 70-80 all weekend. On Monday, drove faster to get home and all three charges yielded 270-280. Then suddenly on Tuesday, 230. Wednesday, 230. And today 230 - despite two days of moderate driving. Using the previous driving is actually silly. Display the mileage based on kw availability, THEN adjust based on style.
It uses a lot of factors. Previous driving patterns, ambient temperature, battery temperature, which drive mode its in, current AC settings (although it seems to assume you're going to be running it at the exact same intensity for the duration of your battery cycle which generally isn't the case as the AC will back off once the car has been cooled down). Its not perfect but I've found it to be pretty accurate.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 WIND AWD
179 Posts
...Charged every night to 95-100% ... all three charges yielded 270-280. Then suddenly on Tuesday, 230. Wednesday, 230. And today 230...
You keep telling us your range after charging, without telling us how far you go between charges, and how much range remains when you do. My car's algorithm is not flawed, so perhaps we can understand why you think your is.

·
Registered
149 Posts
unless an owner of an EV (Tesla, Kia, GM, whoever) gets ODBII data live and compares it to the real world range (not guess-o-meter) alongside temps, wind, elevation data... then there's pretty much zero point in people discussing their perceived degradation based on charge percentage vs miles. There's so many more variables that go into calculating actual degradation values and battery health.

Tesla Bjorn has a huge list of videos on his channel documenting how he's tested over the years. Good stuff if you like learning about the behind the curtains style stuff.

Hell, a simple headwind can royally screw up efficiency and most people wouldn't even notice it except to say "man my range sucks, so the car must suck".

41 - 50 of 50 Posts