Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
EVjon...I wonder about this too. Now that Bjorn Nyland has shown that he can sleep in the EV6 in cold weather by putting the car in "utility" mode, I wonder if this mode would work for dogs too. Bjorn did not explain much about utility mode, how to set the temperature, whether you can leave the car and have it stay warm etc....does anyone understand it more fully and could possibly tell whether a "dog mode" can be achieved from utility mode?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I saw in an example with the pre-heat you can also set the duration, not sure how configurable it is and what max time would be.
Seen on the pre-heat (and summer pre-cold) reliability I would not leave my Pet in the car with the current SW stability..
I am awaiting my car, so no real-live experience yet with the app.

·
Registered
156 Posts
EVjon...I wonder about this too. Now that Bjorn Nyland has shown that he can sleep in the EV6 in cold weather by putting the car in "utility" mode, I wonder if this mode would work for dogs too. Bjorn did not explain much about utility mode, how to set the temperature, whether you can leave the car and have it stay warm etc....does anyone understand it more fully and could possibly tell whether a "dog mode" can be achieved from utility mode?
I believe utility mode simply powers the accessories from the main battery rather than the 12v battery. You would use that when leaving things on for an extended period (while not driving) so the 12v battery doesn't go flat. See here.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I believe utility mode simply powers the accessories from the main battery rather than the 12v battery. You would use that when leaving things on for an extended period (while not driving) so the 12v battery doesn't go flat. See here.
Maybe I have it wrong what Bjorn did to be able to sleep overnight in cold weather. It doesn't seem it would be a "pre-heat". Maybe someone who already has the car could figure this out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts