Kia EV6 Forum banner

What is your average efficiency on your EV6?

• <2.5 mi/kWh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2.5-2.7 mi/kWh

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • 2.7-2.9 mi/kWh

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2.9-3.1 mi/kWh

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 3.1-3.3 mi/kWh

• 3.3-3.5 mi/kWh

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • 3.7-3.9 mi/kWh

• >3.9 mi/kWh

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • [RWD] <3.0 mi/kWh

• [RWD] 3.0-3.2 mi/kWh

• [RWD] 3.2-3.4 mi/kWh

• [RWD] 3.4-3.6 mi/kWh

• [RWD] 3.6-3.8 mi/kWh

• [RWD] 3.8-4.0 mi/kWh

• [RWD] 4.0-4.2 mi/kWh

• [RWD] 4.2-4.4 mi/kWh

• [RWD] >4.4 mi/kWh

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. I have been seeing a lot of threads with people complaining about range, I to have felt the efficiency isn't quite what I expected. How is everyone doing on average?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have not got our EV6 yet, but its arriving soon. However, wife was getting 240 miles reliably in Oregon the past 4 months on our Kia Niro EV (cold weather package installed) so we will see how she does with the EV6.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, the middle of winter is a really bad time to launch an electric car... kinda puts a bad taste in people's mouths with winter range anxiety.
Correct Winter+Electric=disappointment... I don't care about winter range, won't be taking trips that require long haul range. It's summer road trips that matters for me.
I'm hoping to get 220+/- while towing.
Which trim you ask?
FE Matte Grey #675 :) Just picked it up yesterday, test drove at 6 degrees (Colorado) :)

·
Registered
2022 Stinger, 2019 Sorento, 2017 Sportage
210 Posts
Correct Winter+Electric=disappointment... I don't care about winter range, won't be taking trips that require long haul range. It's summer road trips that matters for me.
I'm hoping to get 220+/- while towing.
Which trim you ask?
FE Matte Grey #675 :) Just picked it up yesterday, test drove at 6 degrees (Colorado) :)
Hey Bicycle Chip,(don't mean to hijack the thread, just curious) where did you get your EV6? I am going to go look at my FE on Friday with my wife and was curious how your process was?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2.7 miles per kWh. But it is winter in the midwest of America where I am. I expected this. I also expect much better efficiency when it warms up outside.
Yeah I get that but first time EV owner here so I am still feeling it out. I got 2.72 mi/kWh last night on a drive but it was in the low 20s F the whole drive so I didn’t think that was that bad but no energy for battery care and if I remove climate/accessory usage still only got 3.07 mi/kWh. Good news is in OR we will surely have some warmer temps sooner than later so I will be able to get a good idea.

Font Darkness Number Circle Brand

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your poll is a good idea, but ideally you’d need lots more options to combine heat pump and wheel size, as they affect efficiency.
That’s fair. In the US at least all AWD models include a heat pump also I think wheel options are limited to 19” on the Wind and 20” on the GT line in the US. I also realize that someone living in Texas will see different efficiency than someone living in Wisconsin (or the UK or whatever).

·
Registered
52 Posts
If I drive in Sport mode (YOLO), it is showing below 3mi/kwh. When the Mrs drives it in Normal mode, she's closer to 3.4mi/kwh. I'm not switching back to Normal mode, so might not see that theoretical 3.5-3.6 mi/kwh anytime soon.

·
Registered
EV6 Wind AWD + Tech Package
58 Posts
You can drive all day long at 45mph in a warm climate and get 4.0 mi/kWh (this is the predicted efficiency for city driving for the RWD trims).
2.0 mi/kW-hr In the snow, 0F, in snow tires, with the heat cranked, creeping along on slick roads in slow traffic, normal mode+iPedal

4.0 mi/kW-hr on a fun Sunday drive through the Rockies on the factory tires, light traffic, 55F, A/C just lightly venting, sport mode+iPedal.

Normal+iPedal definitely keeps the front motor engaged more often then Normal+Regen3.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2.0 mi/kW-hr In the snow, 0F, in snow tires, with the heat cranked, creeping along on slick roads in slow traffic, normal mode+iPedal

4.0 mi/kW-hr on a fun Sunday drive through the Rockies on the factory tires, light traffic, 55F, A/C just lightly venting, sport mode+iPedal.

Normal+iPedal definitely keeps the front motor engaged more often then Normal+Regen3.
Which snow tires do you have?

·
Registered
EV6 Wind AWD + Tech Package
58 Posts
CO relevant: For the AWD models, I'm estimating a range of 590 - 530 ft of elevation per kW-hr of battery, with the range covering empty to 500 lb of load. The other way around works out to 1.7 to 1.9 W-hr/ft of elevation change (same as kW-hr/1000ft). Yet another way to look at it: 2.1% to 2.5% of battery capacity per 1000 ft of elevation change.

Round-trip between Denver and Winter Park averaged 3.2 mi/kW-hr. Mild winter conditions, AWD model, mostly dry roads with some wet/sandy in the high country, winter tires, ECO mode + Regen 3, lots of time at full interstate speed in cruise, 35-50F outside temperature.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts