Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took my Kia EV6 First Edition home. It came earlier than expected and my dealer of choice is Van Nuys KIA in Van Nuys, California. I came with the dealer letter, copy of my window sticker that I asked for earlier, and a copy of my confirmed reservation. Thank You @MurlinatoR for that dealer letter and thankfully my dealer was selling it at MSRP for reservation holders. They have about 5 or 6 of them all FEs. The process was fast since I was financing with Logix Banking at 1.99% for 5 1/2 Year. This car is so much better in person and it's bigger than I expected. The drive to my house is short since I'm close to the dealer but it drives really well. My first freeway drive will probably be on Thursday. The tech is so advance that I'm still learning all of it. I love the parking tech features, the car knows when you're parking and all the sensors and camera go on. My EV6 is 468 / 1500, I wanted the GT Line Body, but I'm actually happy I went with my FE. It has all the features I want and need. I posted on my instagram stories as well if you'd like to see more of the interior. Going to charge the car now at a fast charger since I don't have an EV charger yet.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,393 Posts
I finally took my Kia EV6 First Edition home. It came earlier than expected and my dealer of choice is Van Nuys KIA in Van Nuys, California. I came with the dealer letter, copy of my window sticker that I asked for earlier, and a copy of my confirmed reservation. Thank You @MurlinatoR for that dealer letter and thankfully my dealer was selling it at MSRP for reservation holders. They have about 5 or 6 of them all FEs. The process was fast since I was financing with Logix Banking at 1.99% for 5 1/2 Year. This car is so much better in person and it's bigger than I expected. The drive to my house is short since I'm close to the dealer but it drives really well. My first freeway drive will probably be on Thursday. The tech is so advance that I'm still learning all of it. I love the parking tech features, the car knows when you're parking and all the sensors and camera go on. My EV6 is 468 / 1500, I wanted the GT Line Body, but I'm actually happy I went with my FE. It has all the features I want and need. I posted on my instagram stories as well if you'd like to see more of the interior. Going to charge the car now at a fast charger since I don't have an EV charger yet.

View attachment 2103
View attachment 2104
View attachment 2105
View attachment 2106
View attachment 2107
Congrats Jamison!! So you didn’t pay $87k for it? I saw the Steel Matte Gray in person today. It is beautiful.

·
Registered
EV6 FE
47 Posts

View attachment 2103
View attachment 2104
View attachment 2105
View attachment 2106
View attachment 2107
Congrats. The car looks cool!

·
Registered
EV6 FE
47 Posts

View attachment 2103
View attachment 2104
View attachment 2105
View attachment 2106
View attachment 2107
@jamisonl - The car looks great. Congratulations ! Couple questions:
  • Was the Dealer letter helpful in getting the MSRP?
  • Did the dealer agree to MSRP via email before you arriving at the dealership? Or did you have to negotiate once you got there?
  • Did you get charging cable with the vehicle or the charger cable will be shipped by Kia with the charger?
  • In some pictures, I noticed the truck does not have the Retractable Trunk Privacy Cargo Cover. Does the vehicle come with the Cargo cover?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats Jamison!! So you didn’t pay $87k for it? I saw the Steel Matte Gray in person today. It is beautiful.
Nope, I paid the exact amount of the MSRP + taxes and license fees. They also applied the $100 deposit I put towards the FE. Total came out to be around $66K no down payment as I never really get that back since I keep my cars for a long time.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@jamisonl - The car looks great. Congratulations ! Couple questions:
  • Was the Dealer letter helpful in getting the MSRP?
  • Did the dealer agree to MSRP via email before you arriving at the dealership? Or did you have to negotiate once you got there?
  • Did you get charging cable with the vehicle or the charger cable will be shipped by Kia with the charger?
  • In some pictures, I noticed the truck does not have the Retractable Trunk Privacy Cargo Cover. Does the vehicle come with the Cargo cover?
My dealer wouldn’t confirm through email or phone that they were selling the FE at MSRP. Once I came in person, I had the dealer letter, window sticker, and FE email confirmation all printed. I handed it to Jessenya to find the actual FE that was assigned to me which was at a separate lot. I test drove a different FE in glacier color. They informed me that currently Van Nuys, and Glendale only have the FEs right now. Other dealers are currently still waiting for their allotment. Once we started talking finance, I asked if the FE was going to sell at MSRP and she said yes. No charging cable was provided. I chose the free home charger which will be shipped within 45 days as KIA corporate needs to confirm my purchase. It also comes with 1000 kWh credit over 3 years that you can redeem through electrify America. You get a code through the KIA Access app. Sadly it doesn’t come with the cargo cover unless it’s added on your window sticker. I’ll order it later when it’s available.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
709 Posts

View attachment 2103
View attachment 2104
View attachment 2105
View attachment 2106
View attachment 2107
Hey, really happy for you! I know you were really worried, it's great to see that you're happy with the car and that you got it at MSRP! Enjoy!

·
Registered
254 Posts

View attachment 2103
View attachment 2104
View attachment 2105
View attachment 2106
View attachment 2107
[/
Happy for you that everything turned out great in the end
It’s good to hear the positive

·
Registered
154 Posts
My dealer wouldn’t confirm through email or phone that they were selling the FE at MSRP. Once I came in person, I had the dealer letter, window sticker, and FE email confirmation all printed. I handed it to Jessenya to find the actual FE that was assigned to me which was at a separate lot. I test drove a different FE in glacier color. They informed me that currently Van Nuys, and Glendale only have the FEs right now. Other dealers are currently still waiting for their allotment. Once we started talking finance, I asked if the FE was going to sell at MSRP and she said yes. No charging cable was provided. I chose the free home charger which will be shipped within 45 days as KIA corporate needs to confirm my purchase. It also comes with 1000 kWh credit over 3 years that you can redeem through electrify America. You get a code through the KIA Access app. Sadly it doesn’t come with the cargo cover unless it’s added on your window sticker. I’ll order it later when it’s available.
@jamisonl Congrats on finally getting your car. I wish you many happy years in that vehicle. I'm curious to get your opinion on something. You said you did your test drive on a glacier white FE. What were your impressions of the green interior in that car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nope, I paid the exact amount of the MSRP + taxes and license fees. They also applied the $100 deposit I put towards the FE. Total came out to be around $66K no down payment as I never really get that back since I keep my cars for a long time.
I wish this was the same story in Ohio. A few dealers up here in NE Ohio have them (or will within a week), and each that I've called demand up to $7k over MSRP. The lowest I've found wanted $5K, and they boasted how they're charging much less than other dealerships. I told them all "no, thanks.'

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@jamisonl Congrats on finally getting your car. I wish you many happy years in that vehicle. I'm curious to get your opinion on something. You said you did your test drive on a glacier white FE. What were your impressions of the green interior in that car?
I like the glacier color and the green color is very unique. Not too bright and it’s a darker green. If I didn’t have an option for the steel matte gray, I’d go for the glacier cause My favorite color is green lol.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts