Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my EV6 First Edition #801 last night. My first EV and I'm really excited. Here are some ramblings off the top of my head after spending just a few hours with the car.

Matte Steel Grey. I need to get some buckets so I can wash this beast. :oops:

Demonstrated remote park assist to my wife. Had the car pull into the garage. Pretty freaky. Very slow, so don't see using it very much.

She commented that the interior wasn't as nice as she would have expected for the price. She said her Subaru Outback is nicer on the inside.

I definitely need to get all weather mats. Just two drives and I'm already feeling compelled to vacuum the inside.

The buttons for the heated seats and steering wheel are very finicky. Every time I change the controls between navigation and climate I accidentally touch those buttons and change the settings for the steering wheel or seats. Very annoying.

I lowered the rear seats to show the full cargo space. The seats lock in the down position. You have to use the level next to the seat to release and raise them again. Both a nice feature and a nuisance. Raising the one on the opposite side of the car made me crawl across the seats or walk around to the other side of the car.

It's annoying that Kia FAQs on the First Edition website don't match the exact process. Specifically, I was expecting to have the home charger waiting for me to pick up at the dealer. That's what the FAQ said to expect. Instead, it will be shipped to me in 6 weeks. Grrrr.

Programming the HomeLink buttons was a snap. Unfortunately, I had to read through 500 pages of owners manual to find the instructions! I have a "compatible" garage door opener, so the HomeLink status icons on the mirror include two-way communication. There are indicators that show that the garage door is going up, or down and change color when complete.

I want to be able to set the driving mode and have it stay between power off/on cycles. Changing to Sport mode each time is a bother. Let me set the preference. The same for i-Pedal. I'm a big fan, but having to turn on i-Pedal each time sucks. Really want a software update to fix these.

Kia Connect implementation is horrible. I send a command to the car and get an email telling me it's completed a few minutes later. If I try to do something else before the command has completed, I get an error that the previous command is still processing. Horrible user experience.

Lots of positive things, too. It's super fun to drive, the blind spot camera activation when activating the turn signal is awesome. I turned off the climate system to test EV battery performance and the system started some type of "auto climate venting" where every once in a while I'd feel a breeze and then it would stop. It was actually a positive experience. Tons of charging ports for passengers. Love the rear heated seats and range of reclining. Tons of room in the back for passengers. A little cramped with 5, but better than our Outback.

I'm excited to see how the next few months go as I settle into EV ownership. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are several manuals that came with the vehicle but none are First Edition specific. Here is the portfolio for the FE and the owners manual.

Azure Grey Font Electric blue Gadget

Rectangle Font Publication Stationery Paper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Picked up my EV6 First Edition #801 last night. My first EV and I'm really excited. Here are some ramblings off the top of my head after spending just a few hours with the car.

Matte Steel Grey. I need to get some buckets so I can wash this beast. :oops:

Demonstrated remote park assist to my wife. Had the car pull into the garage. Pretty freaky. Very slow, so don't see using it very much.

She commented that the interior wasn't as nice as she would have expected for the price. She said her Subaru Outback is nicer on the inside.

I definitely need to get all weather mats. Just two drives and I'm already feeling compelled to vacuum the inside.

The buttons for the heated seats and steering wheel are very finicky. Every time I change the controls between navigation and climate I accidentally touch those buttons and change the settings for the steering wheel or seats. Very annoying.

I lowered the rear seats to show the full cargo space. The seats lock in the down position. You have to use the level next to the seat to release and raise them again. Both a nice feature and a nuisance. Raising the one on the opposite side of the car made me crawl across the seats or walk around to the other side of the car.

It's annoying that Kia FAQs on the First Edition website don't match the exact process. Specifically, I was expecting to have the home charger waiting for me to pick up at the dealer. That's what the FAQ said to expect. Instead, it will be shipped to me in 6 weeks. Grrrr.

Programming the HomeLink buttons was a snap. Unfortunately, I had to read through 500 pages of owners manual to find the instructions! I have a "compatible" garage door opener, so the HomeLink status icons on the mirror include two-way communication. There are indicators that show that the garage door is going up, or down and change color when complete.

I want to be able to set the driving mode and have it stay between power off/on cycles. Changing to Sport mode each time is a bother. Let me set the preference. The same for i-Pedal. I'm a big fan, but having to turn on i-Pedal each time sucks. Really want a software update to fix these.

Kia Connect implementation is horrible. I send a command to the car and get an email telling me it's completed a few minutes later. If I try to do something else before the command has completed, I get an error that the previous command is still processing. Horrible user experience.

Lots of positive things, too. It's super fun to drive, the blind spot camera activation when activating the turn signal is awesome. I turned off the climate system to test EV battery performance and the system started some type of "auto climate venting" where every once in a while I'd feel a breeze and then it would stop. It was actually a positive experience. Tons of charging ports for passengers. Love the rear heated seats and range of reclining. Tons of room in the back for passengers. A little cramped with 5, but better than our Outback.

I'm excited to see how the next few months go as I settle into EV ownership. :)
Hello, I have been searching for the homelink buttons in my ev6 but can't find them. Where are they located?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just wait until you dig deeper into that fat 567 page Owners Manual and try to find something. And once you find it try to follow it once you decide which one of the repetitive instructions apply to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts