Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE - Glacier White
62 Posts
Also - one of the new things is it will no longer be a tax credit (which you had to have $7,500 in tax debt at end of year to use) but instead will be a point-of-sale incentive.

·
Registered
62 Posts
And I believe the added increased incentive amount would only qualify for units built in the US. So we’d miss that as I don’t believe any EV6 is being built on our soil.
Above $7,500 requires US and Union but that is one of the fighting points - it would still be same current $7,500 though. Hyundai has already announced plans to move EV production to US based on expectations it will pass but nothing about Kia yet and that would not include EV6 for a while anyhow. Takes time to ramp up new car production especially if they plan to build a new facility.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Agree that we should wait for the full bill passed and signed prior to considering this a done deal.
Agreed - it has changed several times already so wait to see what final signed deal is before being pissed about something.

Also possible the current rules stay in effect come January. Don't think I have read anything that says when this bill will take effect if/when approved.

·
Registered
76 Posts
New law limits cars to a MSRP of $55k.

So, all those First editions (and GT's when they come out) won't qualify for the tax credit.

Anyone else pissed?
In the current/latest bill it is sedans/other that are limited to $55K. Trucks/SUVs (which I think EV6 is) have a $80K.

All of this will change of course... the EV tax credit section is way too expensive IMO. If Telsa is eligible again that's almost $7.5B alone for Tesla owners since Tesla will be producing 1M Teslas in 2022 (approx 800K this year with new Austin factory ramping up in 2022).. that's $75B over 10 years just for one manufacturer and if you combine them all it might be $300B over ten years if EVs start selling 3M a year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts