Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what is the Preferred Gift home charger make/model?

Does anyone know what is the Apple Watch model?

I went with the Apple Watch since I did not want to be stuck with a home charger that was not very good and the charging credit was not worth very much. In addition, in the US there was a tax break for buying/installing EV chargers that expired on 31 Dec 2021, so I took advantage of that while waiting for my First Edition.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is free charging - not the free wall charger for your home. Two different things. Yes you also get charging at Electrify America charge stations. I believe the OP was asking about the home charger included as a gift for FEs.
Sure, but CP is what they've told me to expect. "If you selected the ChargePoint Level 2 Home Charger as your reservation gift, Kia America will arrange shipping it to you from ChargePoint after you take delivery of your Kia EV6 at the dealership"

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sure, but CP is what they've told me to expect. "If you selected the ChargePoint Level 2 Home Charger as your reservation gift, Kia America will arrange shipping it to you from ChargePoint after you take delivery of your Kia EV6 at the dealership"
I see where two models are backordered on the CP website. I hope that Kia grabbed up at least the 75 that somebody here posted, was the number of them picked as the gift during the reservation last June. That 75 includes me.

Maybe they'll buy them from Amazon?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE Urban Yellow
95 Posts
I think it was 75% of the FE reservation holders opted for the charger, not just 75 ...
FWIW, the following article says that 81% of FE reservations selected the charger gift. But I changed my gift from the charger to the charging credit before the September cutoff, so maybe I'm not alone and 75% is the final figure.

·
Registered
120 Posts
FWIW, the following article says that 81% of FE reservations selected the charger gift. But I changed my gift from the charger to the charging credit before the September cutoff, so maybe I'm not alone and 75% is the final figure.

The charging credit does me no good since there's no EA anywhere around me. I have Apple watches all over the house too so...
Then I have my Charging unit still hanging on the wall from my Nissan Leaf days back in 2015, half which was paid for by the Feds, but this CP unit would be a great upgrade.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I stopped by my local KIA dealer and was talking with them about my incoming FE. Since I got the Apple Watch as my gift, I asked the salesperson which one. He said he thinks it is the Apple Watch 7 45mm Midnight Aluminum Case with Sport Band.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts