·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
306 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE Urban Yellow
93 Posts
Is this unique to just the FE's or will those that get a gt line get it as well?

I wonder if its limited to electrify america stations?
Kia's statement is that ALL EV6 owners will receive the charging credit.

As I selected the 1000 kWh credit as my FE gift, the Kia statement led me to ask my sales rep a week ago what I will actually get. Still waiting for the answer, but I will post it when I find out.

I'm hoping to get 2000 kWh credit. I'm not interested in the "smart" ChargePoint Level 2 charging unit nor the Apple Watch.

FWIW, EA seems to charge $0.43/kWh at most DC fast chargers, so the value of 1000 kWh is $430. For long distance travelers, the EA Pass+ membership ($4/month) may be worthwhile to reduce the cost. Pricing and Plans for EV Charging | Electrify America

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line
112 Posts
I had to call EA, and they were unable to get it working. Once you sign into Kia Access application it presents you with a registration code, however the EA app is not recognizing the code correctly. The EA agent took my info, created a ticket, and due to weekend it may be tomorrow before I know anything.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE Urban Yellow
93 Posts
I had to call EA, and they were unable to get it working. Once you sign into Kia Access application it presents you with a registration code, however the EA app is not recognizing the code correctly. The EA agent took my info, created a ticket, and due to weekend it may be tomorrow before I know anything.
Yep, just read/replied to PhantomTaco's report of the same EA issue here:

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
306 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please confirm I am understanding this correct. The car has a 77.4 Kwh battery and they are providing 1000 free hours over 3 years. That amounts to 13 full charges or more if you don't do full charges from 0-100%.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line
112 Posts
Please confirm I am understanding this correct. The car has a 77.4 Kwh battery and they are providing 1000 free hours over 3 years. That amounts to 13 full charges or more if you don't do full charges from 0-100%.
Semi Incorrect. It's 1000kw of energy, not 1000 free hours. But your equation is correct on 13 full charges. This was estimated by others to be around 3500miles of driving, so one free cross country trip round trip. It's obviously less than VW/Audi but VW is the main financier of EA so it makes sense. I believe FE customers had the option in gifts to choose a higher KW for free deal.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I highly recommend downloading Apps and getting RFID cards (or whatever they are called) for a variety of changing networks and linking to your credit card. EA card readers are not dependable and at least two years ago EA customer service would not take your credit card number on the phone to start a charge...but if you cry like a baby they might give you a free charge.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line
112 Posts
I highly recommend downloading Apps and getting RFID cards (or whatever they are called) for a variety of changing networks and linking to your credit card. EA card readers are not dependable and at least two years ago EA customer service would not take your credit card number on the phone to start a charge...but if you cry like a baby they might give you a free charge.
I've been using EA for years on my old Bolts, and besides the one's marked in app as broken, I've never had a single problem in my long road trips. But ever since my '13 electric SmartCar, I've collected RFID from Greenlots, Blink, Chargepoint, EVGo.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Most of my issues were the finacastle VA station (let me down twice when noted as operational) which is not too far from teh smokeys..., but I also had some issues between DC and Pittsburg. Generally speaking I agree that in most cases there is at least one or two stations working at a time, but rarely are all stations functional. Another reason to use the app! Looks like we have about the same collection of RFID cards!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tried registering the credit today and support told me to wait til next week.

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the Kia EV6 premium offer! We’re looking forward to powering your EV adventures, and encourage you to check back with us next week when the enrollment process will be live in the Electrify America app. Once you have enrolled in the plan, you are able to utilize your complimentary charging right away.

·
Registered
‘22 FE
3 Posts
Yeah, it's always funny reading the complaints on Plugshare about a credit card reader not working. Aren't you making these posts from a smartphone? Just use the built in RFID card from a wallet app!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts