Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Yacht Blue GT-Line AWD
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, glad to be here. I'm looking at trading in my G70 3.3T for a EV6 GT in '23 (I like to plan ahead, haha). Thanks to the great resources on this site, I came across a specification sheet on the Kia UK website that lists some additional detail on the GT. Disappointingly, it seems like it's losing out on some features compared to the GT-Line S. No vented seats (surprisingly a requirement for me, after living with them for two years), no sunroof, manual seats... This seems odd, because the Stinger GT is the top of the line model.

My question is, has anyone heard any whispers of Kia offering an option package in the US to add those features back in? Putting manual sports seats works in a M3, but in an electric crossover? I think Kia is making a poor decision, and may cause me to buy a GT-Line S (especially considering the great reviews the powertrain has gotten, and that they'll be out next spring). I'd love to have the extra power, but my car's main purpose is getting me to my job 30 miles away, so the comfy seats of the GT-Line is a huge plus.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I think the lack of ventilation and power adjustments is a limitation of the sports seats used in the GT. But availability of a sunroof option appears to be market specific. Take a look at the comments in this thread. Of course, we still don't know the complete list of options for the base and GT-line trims in the US, much less the GT.

·
Premium Member
Yacht Blue GT-Line AWD
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the lack of ventilation and power adjustments is a limitation of the sports seats used in the GT. But availability of a sunroof option appears to be market specific. Take a look at the comments in this thread. Of course, we still don't know the complete list of options for the base and GT-line trims in the US, much less the GT.
Unfortunately, I can't access that thread as the group is private. I did send a request so hopefully I'll be reading it momentarily!

·
Registered
EV6 GT
32 Posts
Unfortunately, I can't access that thread as the group is private. I did send a request so hopefully I'll be reading it momentarily!
Yes, sunroof is included on GT's for Switzerland. It's in the price list. The sport seats will not have ventilation but I am expecting they will be heated but not ventilated - as on my current car.

·
Registered
517 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,886 Posts
Power seats are not an option in the UK either, I am told due to the design of the seats it will be a manual adjusted seat.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I checked on the Swiss website and can’t even configure a GT. Can it be done in your dealers?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I checked on the Swiss website and can’t even configure a GT. Can it be done in your dealers?

·
Registered
EV6 GT
32 Posts
no you can't configure a GT but it is included in the price list here:

Essentially with the GT here you just have to decide on the colour. There are no other choices 😜

I just came across this from that goes into more detail on UK configurations and it seems, for example, that there the sunroof is not included on the GT:

Clearly the markets have some variations...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Two gt is coming to me 10/22. Good choise from Kia that they put bucket seats to gt. Poor basic model back rest is too short for my back so my shoulder blades hang over seat🙋‍♂️ Just like Tesla seats are made for midget😅

·
Registered
8 Posts
They maybe doing it to save weight but this is a stupid decision IMO. No one is going to take these cars to a track. Kia themselves claim that these cars are meant to be driven fast on roads and are not designed for track. So what's the point in putting these manual seats with no lumbar support and fixed headrest on a top trim designed for road use???? Powered seats also offer benefits likely easy ingress/egress by moving forward and backwards automatically. People who buy EV6 GT or Tesla M3P are not looking for the best range either.

Several reviews on YouTube mention limited headroom in the front and lack of sunroof will make front headroom bit tight and may see more claustrophobic with dark roof liner IMO.

·
Registered
EV6 GT
32 Posts
They maybe doing it to save weight but this is a stupid decision IMO. No one is going to take these cars to a track. Kia themselves claim that these cars are meant to be driven fast on roads and are not designed for track. So what's the point in putting these manual seats with no lumbar support and fixed headrest on a top trim designed for road use???? Powered seats also offer benefits likely easy ingress/egress by moving forward and backwards automatically. People who buy EV6 GT or Tesla M3P are not looking for the best range either.

Several reviews on YouTube mention limited headroom in the front and lack of sunroof will make front headroom bit tight and may see more claustrophobic with dark roof liner IMO.
1. sounds like the those sports seats are a deal breaker for you, but not for me or others that have ordered... thinking the GT-Line better meets your needs here.
2. I will be stretching it on German Autobahns and I will take my GT to a track - so same treatment as my other cars. But yes, sod the range having fun
3. 'lack of sunroof' - it is available here, I'll upload a photo of mine when I finally get mine next year

·
Registered
8 Posts
1. sounds like the those sports seats are a deal breaker for you, but not for me or others that have ordered... thinking the GT-Line better meets your needs here.
2. I will be stretching it on German Autobahns and I will take my GT to a track - so same treatment as my other cars. But yes, sod the range having fun
3. 'lack of sunroof' - it is available here, I'll upload a photo of mine when I finally get mine next year
What country are you in? Can you share detailed specs of GT trim here? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey all, glad to be here. I'm looking at trading in my G70 3.3T for a EV6 GT in '23 (I like to plan ahead, haha). Thanks to the great resources on this site, I came across a specification sheet on the Kia UK website that lists some additional detail on the GT. Disappointingly, it seems like it's losing out on some features compared to the GT-Line S. No vented seats (surprisingly a requirement for me, after living with them for two years), no sunroof, manual seats... This seems odd, because the Stinger GT is the top of the line model.

My question is, has anyone heard any whispers of Kia offering an option package in the US to add those features back in? Putting manual sports seats works in a M3, but in an electric crossover? I think Kia is making a poor decision, and may cause me to buy a GT-Line S (especially considering the great reviews the powertrain has gotten, and that they'll be out next spring). I'd love to have the extra power, but my car's main purpose is getting me to my job 30 miles away, so the comfy seats of the GT-Line is a huge plus.
Sunroof looks to be included in this official video trailer from Kia Worldwide:

·
Registered
EV6 GT
32 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts