Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, glad to be here. I'm looking at trading in my G70 3.3T for a EV6 GT in '23 (I like to plan ahead, haha). Thanks to the great resources on this site, I came across a specification sheet on the Kia UK website that lists some additional detail on the GT. Disappointingly, it seems like it's losing out on some features compared to the GT-Line S. No vented seats (surprisingly a requirement for me, after living with them for two years), no sunroof, manual seats... This seems odd, because the Stinger GT is the top of the line model.

My question is, has anyone heard any whispers of Kia offering an option package in the US to add those features back in? Putting manual sports seats works in a M3, but in an electric crossover? I think Kia is making a poor decision, and may cause me to buy a GT-Line S (especially considering the great reviews the powertrain has gotten, and that they'll be out next spring). I'd love to have the extra power, but my car's main purpose is getting me to my job 30 miles away, so the comfy seats of the GT-Line is a huge plus.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think the lack of ventilation and power adjustments is a limitation of the sports seats used in the GT. But availability of a sunroof option appears to be market specific. Take a look at the comments in this thread. Of course, we still don't know the complete list of options for the base and GT-line trims in the US, much less the GT.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the lack of ventilation and power adjustments is a limitation of the sports seats used in the GT. But availability of a sunroof option appears to be market specific. Take a look at the comments in this thread. Of course, we still don't know the complete list of options for the base and GT-line trims in the US, much less the GT.
Unfortunately, I can't access that thread as the group is private. I did send a request so hopefully I'll be reading it momentarily!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts