Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all

I am new here so sorry if this has already been asked!

I have an EV6 Gt version (the hot one), on order from March 2022 and I was originally advised it would be Nov/Dec 2022

I have since heard very little from my dealer and they have said they haven't heard anything from Kia about lead times now and they are saying sometime 2023!

I wanted this car in the current tax year for tax purposes and I am now thinking it will not materialise in time.....

I want to ask if anyone else has any similar experiences or if you have a Gt on order what lead times you may her been quoted or told recently?

Thanks all

· Registered
433 Posts
I have a really good SA working at the GT order process information. There is no update still as of today.

It is my thoughts the GT is going to be delayed or we can expect some issues with the overall function of the car. Being the E-GMP with GT/Boost function and the specs of the GT are in the GV60, there is so many of these GV60 back into the dealer service with less than 1000 miles. Some with only 200 miles. The stats are very impressive for the GV60, but, I hope KIA / Hyundai / Genesis work out the E-GMP issues before releasing the GT.

Read this thread. There is anywhere from 6 at one dealer to 9 Genesis at another dealer with issues.

· Registered
4 Posts
HI all

I am new here so sorry if this has already been asked!

I have an EV6 Gt version (the hot one), on order from March 2022 and I was originally advised it would be Nov/Dec 2022

I have since heard very little from my dealer and they have said they haven't heard anything from Kia about lead times now and they are saying sometime 2023!

I wanted this car in the current tax year for tax purposes and I am now thinking it will not materialise in time.....

I want to ask if anyone else has any similar experiences or if you have a Gt on order what lead times you may her been quoted or told recently?

Thanks all
Hi,
I placed a Preorder in March 2021. Followed that up with a deposit at the earliest opportunity beginning of May 2021. I was originally told to expect delivery November 2022. After asking my dealer for an update in April 2022, they replied to say they’d had a network update from Kia to suggest the GT’s would start production in Q3 with delivery expected before end of Q4. So far so good.
Then in May I was contacted to say there’d be problem with the Steel Matte Grey and if I didn’t change my choice to black or white I may be waiting years to to long lead times with that colour. We are close to the end of Q3 and any news seems to have grinded to a halt. If delivery was this year, Kia should be able to inform dealers by know as to their production schedule especially as they need to programme in the additional month it takes to ship to the UK from Korea. Also I’d have expected the major reviewers would have had their hands on one to test by now. It’s clear Kia are not being honest with their dealers and customers. It’s turning out to be a seriously balls’d up release for what is their most high profile car ever and makes me wonder if the guy who promoted the Fyre Festival was given another chance in life by Kia to head up the EV6 GT project!
• 3 colour choices, effectively knocked down to two with Kia pressurising dealers to talk customers out of their choice (pretty dull remaining two at that with just black & white)
•Yacht blue was recently added to the colour line up only to be pulled about two weeks later.
•On the sparse publicity that Kia is generating on the GT, they still almost always use the matte grey? Why aren’t Kia sending out the available colour options on these photo shoots?
I’ve just about lost all interest now and looking out for the Ioniq 5 N as well as options from beyond the Hyundai Group.

· Registered
433 Posts
Well, it was one reason I wanted the GTL AWD to drive until the GT was ordered, and here. I am happy the GTL is as good as it is in comfort and performance, as it is better than my Nissan Maxima in sport mode. Practice makes process when it comes to learning to charge and calculate how you will drive an EV car. So again, the GTL is working in that area for me also.

With reading about the E-GMP with boost issues on the GV60, it is clear indication that in production mode, there is alot to be changed for the better in reliability. KIA can send a custom build down an assembly line and come up with a production prototype, but putting all those pieces and software together in a full mass production car is not quite the same and simple process.

KIA, Hyundai and Genesis have alot to learn on the customer service end from simple sales to the service department.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the Gt was only available to order from April 2022 in the UK - I have spoken to a dealer again today, not the one I have my order with, and they said that a car they ordered in April 2022 should be built in Oct and delivery around late Nov/Dec 2022 to the UK ......so I'm holding out hope !

If mine doesn't show any signs of news from Kia by the year end I will be looking else where for sure!

· Registered
223 Posts
If mine doesn't show any signs of news from Kia by the year end I will be looking else where for sure!
If I were you I would be looking around now! Other manufacturers are experiencing similar logistics/manufacturing problems and similar delays. I was getting fed up with waiting for mine and did a trawl round for similar size/spec vehicles from different manufacturers. Tesla was the most encouraging with a Model Y .......... in May 2023!!! If you cancel your order you could be out of the frying pan and into the fire. I DO understand your frustration.

· Registered
433 Posts
I would guess the GT is going to be purely allocation of cars for USA. The first 1000-1500 will all be built exactly the same and shipped to good allocation dealers. If you put your name on a list at a dealer that will get the first run allocation, then you are lucky enough to be offered the car.

Too many issues with the GV60. I sure hope they are making some process in fixing the battery to powertrain issues. Too many cars are dead with only 200-1000 miles.

· Registered
4 Posts
I thought the Gt was only available to order from April 2022 in the UK - I have spoken to a dealer again today, not the one I have my order with, and they said that a car they ordered in April 2022 should be built in Oct and delivery around late Nov/Dec 2022 to the UK ......so I'm holding out hope !

[/QUOTE

when Kia did an online world premiere on 30th March 2021, they allowed a number of pre-order reservations on all specs including the GT. They closed the order books pretty soon after Kia contacted me to convert the order into a reservation with a full deposit. My dealer has pretty much stated same timeframes as you’ve been quoted in the past - I just didn’t appreciate all the inconclusive, non committal flannel received since from Kia about potentially years being added over my colour choice. I’m not cancelling just yet, like you - still holding out hope!

· Registered
4 Posts
If I were you I would be looking around now! Other manufacturers are experiencing similar logistics/manufacturing problems and similar delays. I was getting fed up with waiting for mine and did a trawl round for similar size/spec vehicles from different manufacturers. Tesla was the most encouraging with a Model Y .......... in May 2023!!! If you cancel your order you could be out of the frying pan and into the fire. I DO understand your frustration.

· Registered
3 Posts
My GT order was placed back in May but it was only confirmed on 4th Aug. My expected delivery to dealer, has moved 3 times between mid-May ‘23 to Nov’23.
As of checking today, it’s back to mid-May ‘23 but I’m not sure how accurate that info is or how it is updated!

I’m holding out hope for May, maybe sooner if it comes through in one of the UK batches🤞
But my gut is telling me, it’s going to be late Q3, 2023.

As mentioned, the lack of colours is very disappointing, I’ve went for white. But would have gone for Blue if the option was available.

· Registered
45 Posts
I ordered mine as it opened in April 2021, target date of Oct/Nov. I have had nothing confirmed but somebody unconnected to my dealer did say the first customer GTs are in production and due out to dealers in Nov, so fingers crossed

· Registered
15 Posts
Just a quick question. Uk based and am looking to place an order. What deposit arrangements are you finding?

My local dealer says £2000 nonrefundable. Is that what youre all finding too?

Im looking to place an order but with the way of the world atm im slightly hesitant over the non-refundable bit.

· Registered
433 Posts
If I was going to do a NON-Refundable deposit, I would get a timeline the dealer is willing to agree to or the deposit is returned. The GT seems highly delayed with the GV60 having so many issues with the same motors and software base. I would think Feb 2023 is a good target right now on a GT release, so I would ask the dealer to put in writing if there is no car by Feb 2023 you get your deposit back and you can move on to another dealer or at least know a little more info by then on the GT status.

· Registered
15 Posts
If I was going to do a NON-Refundable deposit, I would get a timeline the dealer is willing to agree to or the deposit is returned. The GT seems highly delayed with the GV60 having so many issues with the same motors and software base. I would think Feb 2023 is a good target right now on a GT release, so I would ask the dealer to put in writing if there is no car by Feb 2023 you get your deposit back and you can move on to another dealer or at least know a little more info by then on the GT status.
Thats a fair suggestion. Slightly worrying that the GV60 is having issues.

I understand that this deposit scenario may differ between different dealerships with some offering a refundable deposit. Id wondered if anyone has that agreement in place and if so, with which dealer.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts