Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
I ordered mine as it opened in April 2021, target date of Oct/Nov. I have had nothing confirmed but somebody unconnected to my dealer did say the first customer GTs are in production and due out to dealers in Nov, so fingers crossed

· Registered
58 Posts
I've spoken to my dealer now and he has confirmed that the first cars are coming, if you ordered black or white but if you ordered grey, no news.
He is trying to find out for me. Given that all the marketing and the media cars are grey, I imagine I'm not the only one upset by Kia's lack of management. This is appalling of Kia, their first attempt at a Halo car with record power numbers for a Kia and they let this happen. Disapappointed is not a strong enough word.
They can say supply chain issues all they like but what is most infuriating is the lack of customer service, communication and care.
Why has the dealer not reached out to me? Why have they not offered me some alternatives? Why didn't they see this coming and reserve paint for the early ordered cars? Why didn't they have more colours for the GT? Why hasn't Kia UK extended an apology and an explanation to the people who ordered grey before it became a problem? What exactly is the problem with the grey?

Extremely annoyed. I ordered this just before the Emira was announced, I could have ordered that but I had placed this. Now I've missed an early Emira and I look like I've missed an early GT. I'm fast going off Kia and I've never even owned one.

· Registered
58 Posts
I put a £100 deposit down with Kia UK on 8th April 2021 when the EV6 was first announced. My local dealer then contacted me in May (7th May) for a dealer deposit of £1000 and was refunded the £100. I was fairly early, within days of release, I was certainly the only guy in SE Kent with a GT on order but now I find my dealer has a black GT coming but no news on my car

· Registered
58 Posts
Hi, This EV6 GT thread looks interesting. I was told by dealer that I was probably the first in the UK to order as I rang up to order when they themselves didnt know it was possible but after checking on the same day discovered the order button was tucked away somewhere rather hidden ..... I ordered a good old 'Grey One' too on 11/4/2022. My order number is xxxxxxxxxx. It would be interesting to know what other people's order numbers are and when ordered to get an idea of whats going on. I also can get zero information from anyone about production dates etc. Just have to wait for the morse code message to come in at some point in the future from some Korean machine operator perhaps? Look forward to hearing from any UK GT orders placed by others......:)
Hi, having looked at your order number and mine I can see they aren't in sequence. I don't want to put my order number on the internet but it is only 7 characters unlike your 10 character number

1 - 11 of 11 Posts