Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Naturally there are different delivery schedules in different countries, but in Australia it's all but officially announced that GT delivery will begin in early 2023. Down here Kia is a major sponsor of the Australian Open tennis, which is in January, and they're apparently going to use the AO as an advertising/launch platform for the GT. I've heard it reported that there will be a supply of GTs to be delivered around that time.

Of course, being Australia, a "supply" of GTs might mean a grand total of 5 of them across the entire country. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've spoken to my dealer now and he has confirmed that the first cars are coming, if you ordered black or white but if you ordered grey, no news.
He is trying to find out for me. Given that all the marketing and the media cars are grey, I imagine I'm not the only one upset by Kia's lack of management. This is appalling of Kia, their first attempt at a Halo car with record power numbers for a Kia and they let this happen. Disapappointed is not a strong enough word.
They can say supply chain issues all they like but what is most infuriating is the lack of customer service, communication and care.
Why has the dealer not reached out to me? Why have they not offered me some alternatives? Why didn't they see this coming and reserve paint for the early ordered cars? Why didn't they have more colours for the GT? Why hasn't Kia UK extended an apology and an explanation to the people who ordered grey before it became a problem? What exactly is the problem with the grey?

Extremely annoyed. I ordered this just before the Emira was announced, I could have ordered that but I had placed this. Now I've missed an early Emira and I look like I've missed an early GT. I'm fast going off Kia and I've never even owned one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I put a £100 deposit down with Kia UK on 8th April 2021 when the EV6 was first announced. My local dealer then contacted me in May (7th May) for a dealer deposit of £1000 and was refunded the £100. I was fairly early, within days of release, I was certainly the only guy in SE Kent with a GT on order but now I find my dealer has a black GT coming but no news on my car

·
Registered
532 Posts
It's widely accepted that Kia is building units in color batches. Agree that Kia's communication from Corporate to factory to dealer is just about non existent. If you combine the factory batch builds with the unit allocation system with shipping inconsistencies and poor communication it makes for a lot of consumer anxiety.

If the dealer allocation algorithm in UK works like here in the states, the dealership's sales volume will play a large role in how long it might take you to get your car.

Hopefully Kia Corporate will get their "stuff" together to meet the consumer expectations that go along with building highly desirable upmarket cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, This EV6 GT thread looks interesting. I was told by dealer that I was probably the first in the UK to order as I rang up to order when they themselves didnt know it was possible but after checking on the same day discovered the order button was tucked away somewhere rather hidden ..... I ordered a good old 'Grey One' too on 11/4/2022. My order number is 10114XXXXX. It would be interesting to know what other people's order numbers are and when ordered to get an idea of whats going on. I also can get zero information from anyone about production dates etc. Just have to wait for the morse code message to come in at some point in the future from some Korean machine operator perhaps? Look forward to hearing from any UK GT orders placed by others......:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi, This EV6 GT thread looks interesting. I was told by dealer that I was probably the first in the UK to order as I rang up to order when they themselves didnt know it was possible but after checking on the same day discovered the order button was tucked away somewhere rather hidden ..... I ordered a good old 'Grey One' too on 11/4/2022. My order number is xxxxxxxxxx. It would be interesting to know what other people's order numbers are and when ordered to get an idea of whats going on. I also can get zero information from anyone about production dates etc. Just have to wait for the morse code message to come in at some point in the future from some Korean machine operator perhaps? Look forward to hearing from any UK GT orders placed by others......:)
Hi, having looked at your order number and mine I can see they aren't in sequence. I don't want to put my order number on the internet but it is only 7 characters unlike your 10 character number

·
Registered
52 Posts
My order number is also 10 digits. It seems to a bit ahead of yours wdabc1 as it starts with 10112

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just had the news that mine didn't get shipped when it was scheduled to. It shipped on 31/10. So looks like first week in Jan for collection now :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI all

I am new here so sorry if this has already been asked!

I have an EV6 Gt version (the hot one), on order from March 2022 and I was originally advised it would be Nov/Dec 2022

I have since heard very little from my dealer and they have said they haven't heard anything from Kia about lead times now and they are saying sometime 2023!

I wanted this car in the current tax year for tax purposes and I am now thinking it will not materialise in time.....

I want to ask if anyone else has any similar experiences or if you have a Gt on order what lead times you may her been quoted or told recently?

Thanks all
I ordered about the same time and was told either Q4 2022 or Q1 2023 so guess will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes I wanted mine within my company tax year but thats well past now. I think the tax savings might be negligible now as I plan to retire in next few years. Hopefully they will speed up production soon so we get the GT cars that were supposed to come ahead of the other model variants. The lack of communication from Kia is extremely negative as it doesnt take much to give an explanation to everyone waiting of why to alleviate financial concerns on tax etc or even if just impatience which isnt my concern if the reasons are transparent really. I ordered mine in April 2022 so how in earth how did you manage March 2022 when the ordering wasnt available I thought?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts