Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Live in the U.K and attended EV6 launch at local dealer.
Very impressed.
We (wife & I) were taken by the 'matte grey', but it appears its a very difficult colour to maintain so looking at other options.
We have never bought a new car, let alone an EV. This will car is a long term prospect (10+ years) so has to be right choice
Toss up between EV6 GT S line in either Blue or White with a heat pump - or a Tesla Y in Red + White interior and upgraded wheel option.
After all said and done, around 6k difference between the two.
I do not expect to see either car until March - May 2022
Glad to see real world feedback by the few owners who have taken delivery
Has anyone managed to get money off the rrp from a Kia dealer before I even speak money with my local garage?

·
Registered
138 Posts
A friend of mine got a Model Y, I checked it out and was disappointed in many areas for the price you pay. No carplay/AA, Tesla's infotainment service costs extra, no reclining or heated rear seats, didn't like not having a cluster of some sort in front of driver, no HUD, fit and finish concerns, creaks, etc. But hey, you can play games on the screen while charging! Guess thats worth the extra $$.... oh wait, I have a smart phone i can play games on if I want. I'll stick with the EV6 for sure.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi.
Very impressed.
We (wife & I) were taken by the 'matte grey', but it appears its a very difficult colour to maintain so looking at other options.
We have never bought a new car, let alone an EV. This will car is a long term prospect (10+ years) so has to be right choice
Toss up between EV6 GT S line in either Blue or White with a heat pump - or a Tesla Y in Red + White interior and upgraded wheel option.
Has anyone managed to get money off the rrp from a Kia dealer before I even speak money with my local garage?
There's no harm in asking for money off, but I doubt you'll get anywhere. My local dealer just said "well it already comes with a 7 year warranty" blah blah blah - in other words what more do you want :D

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
293 Posts
A friend of mine got a Model Y, I checked it out and was disappointed in many areas for the price you pay. No carplay/AA, Tesla's infotainment service costs extra, no reclining or heated rear seats, didn't like not having a cluster of some sort in front of driver, no HUD, fit and finish concerns, creaks, etc. But hey, you can play games on the screen while charging! Guess thats worth the extra $$.... oh wait, I have a smart phone i can play games on if I want. I'll stick with the EV6 for sure.
WHAT?!?!?!?!

You mean that there's ANOTHER $60k EV that doesn't have wireless ACP/AA??? LOL

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi.
Very impressed.
From the 2 reviews I have watched online there appears to be little in it. The Kia is £6K cheaper. The real advantage of the Tesla is their rapid chargers. If you are going to be doing long journeys with a Tesla charging station en route that might be an advantage of the Model Y. However it is rumoured that Kia is doing a deal with Tesla to allow Kia vehicles to use the Tesla network...

·
Registered
74 Posts
For a 10 year + purchase I'd go with Tesla personally. They will be far better at keeping your car up to date over that type of period. I think with Kia, what you buy now is what you will still have in 10 years time whereas my Model S was a much different car infotainment and features wise 4 years after I bought it.

·
Registered
EV6 77kWh RWD Steel Grey (05/22)
73 Posts
Do you have the Steel Grey metallic option where you live? It is about the same color as the matte, only it's metallic, but really changes depending on the light. I was taken by this, as my first thought was the Interstellar Grey. Now switched to Steel Grey.

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
74 Posts
We only get that colour on the base model but nothing higher up the range. I have NO idea why manufacturers do this.
I can understand having limited colours on a base model, but why would you limit choice the higher up the range people go?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts