Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really like the GT performance model but hate the idea of bucket seats.

has anyone been able to get any information from Kia whether they will offer the GT with the luxury heated and ventilated seats? I’m sure I am not the only one who would like this option.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not sure. The GT seats also appear to be manually operated rather than powered (Note the official photos carefully keep the base of the seats out of the frame but other people who have taken videos of the GT at the Shanghai Auto Show briefly pan across the seats or floor as they got into the car and there was the bar for sliding the seat bottom.

On the other hand, heated and ventilated seats can be added on aftermarket. Not idea but it is an option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully someone from KIA UK will take note (I already emailed UK customer support about it)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same for me .. I'd like the GT, but the Sportseats lack Ventilation and have no electrical control ... a problem. My current Kia Stinger GT has both ventilation and electrical seats.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Remember, all the cars being shown now are preproduction vehicles and the GT version will be the last to come out. They will have some time to figure out the packaging for that unit, based on market. I feel the real sport version will come with slightly more bolstered seats but they will probably be a version that will have the racing style bucket seats. I don’t think there will be many takers for that and it will probably be some sort of limited production model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Remember, all the cars being shown now are preproduction vehicles and the GT version will be the last to come out. They will have some time to figure out the packaging for that unit, based on market. I feel the real sport version will come with slightly more bolstered seats but they will probably be a version that will have the racing style bucket seats. I don’t think there will be many takers for that and it will probably be some sort of limited production model.
I'd not mind good side grip etc .. but it has to be a seat, that can be adjusted properly .. including knee support for taller people etc. A seat, that's too much like some racing seat with near zero setup etc would indeed be a complete show stopper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Non-GT :) Otherwise I'm not interested in any EV that is out there atm. Either brands, where you just pay for the brand name (all germans etc) or not having the GTs acceleration (most) or not my kind of inside design (ascetic Teslas, iPad Tesla & Polestar). I like the Polestars use of googles OS though .. that might be interesting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey @voon, @Rkanaga, @KiaevCan @swaq @Waynerm002 since the lack of these seats seems to be a deal breaker, what other vehicles is everyone here considering other than the EV6?
Well I'm in the market for the regular EV6 and not the EV6 GT so whatever seats Kia equips the GT will have no effect on my decision.

I can understand why the GT would have manual seats with its more aggressive bucket seat option (saves weight, faster to change position if you're swapping drivers on the track etc).

As for other cars, the ID.4 was on the list but when it was released, it was a bit too mainstream for me - great for first time EV buyers (of which, I'm technically one even though I've been driving hybrids and PHEVs for more than 15 years). The EV6 is something different - sporty, well equipped and techy; also, technically not an SUV but a crossover. I've never had an SUV before, preferring cars, so the fact that the early drives of the EV6 seem positive, is a good sign.

The Mach-E isn't on my list but it was in the periphery. Range and style is good in my eyes but it's inefficient and some reviews of the charging curve has me thinking twice.

The last one is a yet-to-be-released ID Space Vizzion - space, comfort, long range (even before the more recent announcement to bump the target WLTP range up to 700km. The original annoucement at the 2019 LA Auto Show was somewhere in the 500+ WLTP range or EPA 480km/300 miles)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey @voon, @Rkanaga, @KiaevCan @swaq @Waynerm002 since the lack of these seats seems to be a deal breaker, what other vehicles is everyone here considering other than the EV6?
At the moment, it is the EV6 that tops my list. I don’t mind the look of the IONIQ 5 but it doesn’t thrill me and it seems to be designed more for range not speed. I like a mix of both, which the EV6 has, in the GT Line trim. The Genesis G80 electric also catches my fancy but that is gonna be pricey. I’d get one if they have a good deal on it, that is if it comes to the states. We still have some time for the Japanese stuff but none really catches my eye yet. I like my e tron SUV but Audi is not a long term own in my book, too costly to repair out of warranty.

I would go for a Stinger EV, if they did one and didn’t mess it up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hope someone at Kia reconsiders ... I find it incredibly annoying to not have reclining and cooling seats just due to bigger engine. Sadly, most other EVs out there atm don't really attract me atm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts