Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my EV6 Air for over a month now and just got over the 1000miles. I’m not often an early adopter of things, especially a £42k car. Here are the top 3 issues I’ve had so far:

1. heating doesn’t always work and blows cold air

2. car won’t engage drive or reverse when starting (a few times)

3. right headlamp fault and not working and error displaying to check headlamp.

These are 3 fundamental features I would expect to work Without much thought. I spent the first 4 weeks thinking that it was me and that I was doing something wrong until I discovered this forum and saw the heating complaints.

So now, will look to see if anyone else having these issues and raise with Kia.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hey. Sorry to hear you are having issues, I am sure others may have had these as well.

1. This is fixed in a software update, go back to your dealer or any Kia dealership to get it done. You can also download updates for other things over at Notice | Official Kia Motors Navigation Update Website, a whole host of things were updated recently, heating, radio, new satnav UI, new options in the UI etc etc

2. This sounds like Zombie mode, does this help EV6 Bricking / Zombie Issue

3. Sounds like a typical LED issue or build, do EV6s use bulbs in the rear lights? not sure, check manual aI suppose. While you are in the dealers get them to check the rear lamps?. These things happen, of course, they shouldn't... but they do on all new cars from time to time, the stakes are high for EVs as they cost a lot of money, much more than petrol/diesel cars and people expect very very high standards I get that. Do you have an example of what went wrong, an image of something?

Have a look on the forums here and elsewhere for suggestions, hope you get them fixed, especially heating in the UK with it being winter :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
With your light issue, does it happen when you force it in to main beam (push forward twice) or only on Auto Main beam?

You might find it's a camera issue if it can't see forward so also try keeping the front camera clean. Just a thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve had my EV6 Air for over a month now and just got over the 1000miles. I’m not often an early adopter of things, especially a £42k car. Here are the top 3 issues I’ve had so far:

1. heating doesn’t always work and blows cold air

2. car won’t engage drive or reverse when starting (a few times)

3. right headlamp fault and not working and error displaying to check headlamp.

These are 3 fundamental features I would expect to work Without much thought. I spent the first 4 weeks thinking that it was me and that I was doing something wrong until I discovered this forum and saw the heating complaints.

So now, will look to see if anyone else having these issues and raise with Kia.
My EV6 has been back at the Dealer for 1 month. No heating and range problems. I have requested a refund and been accepted.
No help from Kia at all and no date for the repair.

·
Registered
926 Posts
The heater did not work at all. The car fully charged registered 220mls, within 1 mile of driving, the mileage read 280mls and then the readings were erratic.
so the range was erratic, did you actually record 100% to near 0% battery percentage range?. Was it 220 miles or more?. In my Audi A4 I have the same issues, have done for years. Put £20 petrol in the tank, the computer would register 120 miles or so range. However, if I put my foot down or adjusted my gear changing, driving style the car range would change to 80-90 miles range. Then when I go back to normal driving it would suggest 130+ miles…that’s erratic for sure. Wonder if the Kia EV6 is like the new Q4 Etron where range jumps about depending on driving style, but in a way that seems far too sensitive. Other EVs may have this as well. Maybe get fixed in a software update. Shame you returned on that basis.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,452 Posts
Not sure how you can update the range issue if its calculating the range based on the way your driving, to me this would seem correct way to do it, would not want to say it had 200 miles and I drove it hard to find i had only 100 miles, would rather it stated the miles based on my driving at the time. Personally I do not think this is an issue if this is what the car is doing.

As for the heating issues that's well documented.

Rejecting the car, Kia dealer will just sell the car with the issues to another buyer as the dealer will not inform the new buyer of this issue.

Was well documented on other makes of cars that people were rejecting there cars only to sell them on the road a few weeks later and the new owner complaining of the same issues.

Reactions: Logicpro8

·
Registered
926 Posts
All true, and if you reject now, you will have a long wait on your hands, your Kia EV6 you just rejected would sell like a hot cake.. Lots of people looking for GT Line and GT Line S cars I hear that dont want to wait for new factory builds. I personally dont think the range calculations is an issue, Audi does this, VW does this, and it sometimes gets is very wrong. Goes up and down dramatically based on driving style, which is the correct way to do it no?. Q4 Etron does this a LOT, very sensitive. Audi ICE cars not soo much, but does happen, more that the range goes down too quickly, sometimes goes up though, 10% of the time :)

The comments above "The car fully charged registered 220mls, within 1 mile of driving, the mileage read 280mls and then the readings were erratic." seems like the system is only recalculating, from 220 to 280, this is a good thing, range is UP!, I wish my Audi done this all the time (does some times, but usually goes down and down and down :( and I wish the car told me I had better range as my style has changed more often, seems the EV6 does this in a more calculated fashion, more often. I would not be rejecting the EV6 for doing this. The heating issue, no biggie, seems fixed for most now or a hardware fix is on the way.

@Christine Painell Keep your car!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With your light issue, does it happen when you force it in to main beam (push forward twice) or only on Auto Main beam?

You might find it's a camera issue if it can't see forward so also try keeping the front camera clean. Just a thought.
Sorry for the delay in responding. Been preparing for Christmas! The front headlamp issues comes on with standard beam. Front right doesn't work basically. I thought it would be a bulb or something simple. I took it to Kia Service last week and they said that they have to re-wire or something and wouldn't have time to fix it before closing time. Was a 3pm appointment. So have rebooked for 29th Dec

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
So an update on the headlight issue. Just returned from my second trip to Kia Services (Hawkins motor group in Cornwall). After waiting for a hour of so, the electrics to the headlamp have been checked out. They have now contacted Kia for advice as they believe it is a headlamp issue and therefore needs a replacement. Really annoyed that the EV6 is having such an issue. I have owned many cars before. something as fundamental as a headlamp should never be an issue for a brand new car worth over £40k. Got the "we will call you when we get advice from Kia". I wonder if this is considered a safety issue? As much as there are things that I love about the EV6 - I'm starting to think @Christine Painell was onto something by returning the car. :cautious:. Think Ill give Kia a call now to see how they respond to the issue.

·
Registered
356 Posts
So an update on the headlight issue. Just returned from my second trip to Kia Services (Hawkins motor group in Cornwall). After waiting for a hour of so, the electrics to the headlamp have been checked out. They have now contacted Kia for advice as they believe it is a headlamp issue and therefore needs a replacement. Really annoyed that the EV6 is having such an issue. I have owned many cars before. something as fundamental as a headlamp should never be an issue for a brand new car worth over £40k. Got the "we will call you when we get advice from Kia". I wonder if this is considered a safety issue? As much as there are things that I love about the EV6 - I'm starting to think @Christine Painell was onto something by returning the car. :cautious:. Think Ill give Kia a call now to see how they respond to the issue.
It may be a safety issue, but it is most certainly a legal issue. Driving with a failed headlamp at night without street lighting is illegal: "Highway Code Headlights and Vehicle Sidelights. Rule 113: Car drivers MUST ensure that all vehicle sidelights are lit between sunset and sunrise while driving. The same vehicle lighting laws also apply to rear registration plate lights. You must also use the headlights at night time unless the road has lit street lighting."

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
So they want you to drive a car with faulty headlights. o_O (n)

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
My sense is that they didn't really care. It's coming up to the new year and people are on holidays so they gave the indication that it won't be until the new year until someone might come back to me.
That's a shame as they should care as you have just spent a lot of money to buy there car which you could have spent else where.

·
Registered
3 Posts
so the range was erratic, did you actually record 100% to near 0% battery percentage range?. Was it 220 miles or more?. In my Audi A4 I have the same issues, have done for years. Put £20 petrol in the tank, the computer would register 120 miles or so range. However, if I put my foot down or adjusted my gear changing, driving style the car range would change to 80-90 miles range. Then when I go back to normal driving it would suggest 130+ miles…that’s erratic for sure. Wonder if the Kia EV6 is like the new Q4 Etron where range jumps about depending on driving style, but in a way that seems far too sensitive. Other EVs may have this as well. Maybe get fixed in a software update. Shame you returned on that basis.
My vehicle is still with the dealer. It has been six weeks now. No news from either Snows Basingstoke or Kia. Fed up with this vehicle, purchased 22 Nov and driven for 2 days.
What were the range issues you had?
The range was fluctuating. The car was sent back to Snows Basingstoke and it is still there..... 6 weeks now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update on headlamp issue from mid December.

So have taken EV6 back to service centre (3rd time) and they kept it for a week only to tell me that they have to replace headlamp. They have now ordered part and still waiting after 2 weeks. I had to return courtesy car as it was a tiny Peugeot 206 petrol car that could hardly fit a baby seat in let alone the wider family.

Whist I was there I mentioned the heating issue and they confirmed that there is a recall on EV6 for heating issue as it requires a sensor replacement. At least this got done and car appears to be more consistent with temperature now.

if only I could drive at night.

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
Update on headlamp issue from mid December.

So have taken EV6 back to service centre (3rd time) and they kept it for a week only to tell me that they have to replace headlamp. They have now ordered part and still waiting after 2 weeks. I had to return courtesy car as it was a tiny Peugeot 206 petrol car that could hardly fit a baby seat in let alone the wider family.

Whist I was there I mentioned the heating issue and they confirmed that there is a recall on EV6 for heating issue as it requires a sensor replacement. At least this got done and car appears to be more consistent with temperature now.

if only I could drive at night.
Fingers crossed it gets sorted for you quickly and thank you for the heads up on the sensor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts