Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I have had several EVs over the last 10+ years (Latest is an Audi Etron FE, 2-Nissan Leafs, 2-BMW i3s). Every one but the Etron (my husband’s current car) was leased due to technology changing so quickly. We want to buy.a 2nd EV and I will be the primary driver. I prefer a smaller size but 4 seats, at least 200 mile range, decent charging time, somewhat sporty cars (decent 0-6 time) that aren’t too stiff a ride. I also am a tech person who wants a technology loaded car (wish list: HUD, adaptive cruise, lane assist, high-beam assist, and even ventilated front seats, etc).

So I’m wondering how big the ev6 feels? What about the Ioniq 5 (prefer the looks of the ev6)? Are there any other EVs that i should consider? A Tesla 3 was on my list but I’m concerned about their terrible build quality. I’ve also been considering the Volvo XC40 recharge. I haven’t driven any of the cars so I’m interested in hearing your impressions and suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help. You can only get so far from reading articles and watching videos. Unfortunately, I’m in California and no one has any of the EVs on their lot.

·
Super Moderator
75 Posts
The EV6 is a lovely place to be inside, plenty of tech to keep you happy, its not as big as the Audi E-Tron you have but feels so much bigger and more comfortable then the Ioniq 5 even though they are on the same platform.

With the three drive modes my wife found the Normal mode to her liking on our test drive but i prefer the slight more sporty feel of the sport mode.

Good thing is you get a choice of mode.

Go test drive one your be surprised.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The XC40 (and C40 if you prefer style over function) fit your size requirements but I think the range is a bit short. The EV6 will definitely clear 200 miles even on the highway but it is bigger (say between a compact and a midsize SUV in exterior dimensions)

The Ioniq 5 is a touch shorter in length but has 4” more in the wheelbase so there will be more space especially in the rear (and hence it has sliding rear seats). The Ioniq 5 is geared towards comfort.

Another to consider is the Genesis GV60. It’s the shortest in length of the trio with the same wheelbase as the EV6. There’s also a Performance trim level with 420ish hp that’s almost a second faster than the base GV60 or EV6 AWD (low 4 secs to 60mph vs 5.2 sec for EV6 AWD or GV60).

It’ll have a more luxurious interior in terms of materials and offer cool stuff like facial recognition unlock and fingerprint start (great if you’re going swimming or somewhere where you don’t want to carry the key). Wireless vehicle charging (first EV if it can beat BMW to market) will be offered but no idea if it’ll make it to the US version.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE - Glacier White
62 Posts
My husband and I have had several EVs over the last 10+ years (Latest is an Audi Etron FE, 2-Nissan Leafs, 2-BMW i3s). Every one but the Etron (my husband’s current car) was leased due to technology changing so quickly. We want to buy.a 2nd EV and I will be the primary driver. I prefer a smaller size but 4 seats, at least 200 mile range, decent charging time, somewhat sporty cars (decent 0-6 time) that aren’t too stiff a ride. I also am a tech person who wants a technology loaded car (wish list: HUD, adaptive cruise, lane assist, high-beam assist, and even ventilated front seats, etc).

So I’m wondering how big the ev6 feels? What about the Ioniq 5 (prefer the looks of the ev6)? Are there any other EVs that i should consider? A Tesla 3 was on my list but I’m concerned about their terrible build quality. I’ve also been considering the Volvo XC40 recharge. I haven’t driven any of the cars so I’m interested in hearing your impressions and suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help. You can only get so far from reading articles and watching videos. Unfortunately, I’m in California and no one has any of the EVs on their lot.
@EV-again
I’m waiting on my FE but also would recommend you at least look at a Polestar 2 based on your specs and desires. They are available for test drives and immediate purchase or short wait times at most Polestar Spaces. You buy online like Tesla. Polestar is spinoff of Volvo. Lot of same tech.

I drove one in SF before they had a Phoenix space and loved it. Great infotainment that uses Google Auto (not same a s android auto as it controls the whole car). Drives great. If you want really nice performance they offer performance package also.

it was slightly small for me (I’m a bigger guy) but still heavily considering it and waiting till I get to finally sit in and drive an EV6. definitely in the running for me. And great lease deals too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My husband and I have had several EVs over the last 10+ years ...

I’ve also been considering the Volvo XC40 recharge. I haven’t driven any of the cars so I’m interested in hearing your impressions and suggestions.

...I’m in California and no one has any of the EVs on their lot.
Polestar and XC 40 Recharge plentiful in southern California. Go drive'm! Polestar more car-like and a good performer. I'm waiting on EV6!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts