Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I created The EV Finder last month to track and display inventory for the Hyundai Ioniq5 and I just finished adding support for the Kia EV6, which is now live on the site.

You can search for EV6s in a radius of up to 250 miles (Kia API limitation) from a US-based zip code, and get details on all inventory in their system.

The Kia inventory APIs don't present detailed delivery date information like Hyundai does, so you'll see either "In Stock" or "Coming Soon". Aside from that, I'm presenting as much info as you can get from the Kia inventory APIs.
I hope this is useful for folks looking to score a new EV6 :)

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
234 Posts
Awesome site. Lots of work. Thanks for doing this.

While I have the exact EV6 I wanted, it was in inventory at Findlay Kia, Las Vegas, it’s cool to see what other similar cars are in stock close to me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Very interesting results. I searched cars around Austin, filter to see AWD, and all of them are Steel Matte Gray color. Mostly the same for other cities I'm searching. I wonder why that is.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
Very interesting results. I searched cars around Austin, filter to see AWD, and all of them are Steel Matte Gray color. Mostly the same for other cities I'm searching. I wonder why that is.
GT-L? Yeah looks like the only AWD GT-L in Texas right now are First Edition Steel Matte Gray.

If you're open to AWD WIND, there are a few more color choices at the moment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@apollo may be able to help you add some features to this. For Kia cars it's easy to add a link to the PDF window sticker. Just append the VIN to the following URL and you'll have the window sticker.
For anyone who clicks the link and then sees that it doesn't work, the link won't work without a VIN added on the end of it.
Awesome, thanks for that. Window sticker support is next on the list of features, sometime in the next ~week or so.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice work! Check your logic though on a combination of Wind and AWD. This produces no results. There are Winds that are AWD if you take the AWD filter Off.
Yeah the results from the Kia API are very inconsistent. I'm not sure if each dealer is manually inputting data about their inventory or what. For this bug, any vehicle which doesn't have an entry in the Drivetrain column, doesn't have that data in the Kia API results (for whatever reason). I can get the drivetrain info from other places, like the full Drivetrain Description ("All-Wheel Drive (AWD) w/ Center Locking Differential and increased ride height"), and I have a workaround which I'm working on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I created The EV Finder last month to track and display inventory for the Hyundai Ioniq5 and I just finished adding support for the Kia EV6, which is now live on the site.

You can search for EV6s in a radius of up to 250 miles (Kia API limitation) from a US-based zip code, and get details on all inventory in their system.

The Kia inventory APIs don't present detailed delivery date information like Hyundai does, so you'll see either "In Stock" or "Coming Soon". Aside from that, I'm presenting as much info as you can get from the Kia inventory APIs.
I hope this is useful for folks looking to score a new EV6 :)
Very helpful function for those of us busy fishing. Thanks! FYI - I may be doing something wrong, though found this link was not Safari (13.1.2) friendly. - it just says 'fetching vehicle data' and never loads. Seems like it loaded immediately with Firefox. Thanks again!

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
Yeah the results from the Kia API are very inconsistent. I'm not sure if each dealer is manually inputting data about their inventory or what. For this bug, any vehicle which doesn't have an entry in the Drivetrain column, doesn't have that data in the Kia API results (for whatever reason). I can get the drivetrain info from other places, like the full Drivetrain Description ("All-Wheel Drive (AWD) w/ Center Locking Differential and increased ride height"), and I have a workaround which I'm working on.
You can try an OR case, checking the drivetrain attribute if a value exists, and if not, falling back to the last word in the edwTrim attribute.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, got this fixed up. I'm now displaying the Drivetrain for each vehicle in the table. Some vehicles still don't provide drivetrain information so they'll show as blank, but it's a small handful.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
I know you are just pulling the data, but do you have any thoughts on how Kia defines the "Arriving Soon" value? Does that mean it is on a truck for delivery?
From my experience of monitoring Kias inventory tool and calling dealers in southern California about VINs that were in transit on the tool, I think that status means it's on a truck heading towards the dealer (or more likely left on a truck the day before). Twice I called dealers about VINs that had JUST shown up as in transit that day on the tool and both times dealers confirmed they already had the cars. One dealer had the car ready to test drive and the other said it was there but hadn't competed PDI yet so they wouldn't do test drives. The former still had all of its protective plastics when the dealer sent pictures. They still showed as in transit on the tool for a couple days after that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome, thanks for that. Window sticker support is next on the list of features, sometime in the next ~week or so.
Ok, this is now in place. When you view the VIN detail for a specific vehicle (click the row, or VIN button) there's now a link which will open a new tab taking you to that Kia window sticker service.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@TopBenz One comment and a minor bug. "GTL" for GT-Line reminds me of Gym Tan Laundry from the TV show Jersey Shore. Did I just admit that I watched it? :ROFLMAO:

The minor bug is when I click on the VIN number instead of the down arrow next to it, the page appears to reset (i.e. remove) the Trim, Color, Drivetrain and MSRP filters.
Eeks, that's a nasty bug, thanks for letting me know. I just pushed out a fix, you should see it working properly soon.

Oh and 😁

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for setting this up @TopBenz. Am I doing something wrong though? When I put in my zip code and a radius, it says '95 Vehicles Available' in the top of the window but below that the spinner next to 'Fetching Vehicle Inventory' just keeps spinning. Is it whatever systems you're pulling data from that are down (but how did it get the 95 vehicle number?) or maybe a problem with ad blocker / privacy plug ins on my browser?
Hope you can help - I'd love to have a bit more direction in my search than just googling every dealership around!

EDIT
Should have tried this before posting. It works fine if I open in Firefox rather than Safari, so I expect it's something to do with privacy settings in Safari.
Excellent resource to have- thanks!(y)

·
Registered
609 Posts
@TopBenz I have a couple of suggested enhancements. First, in the MSRP filter instead of a less than amount, I'd either have a minimum price amount or a price range. For example, I'm looking for a GT-Line in Yacht Blue with suede interior which costs a minimum of $57,410 (without any accessories like floor mats or wheel locks) so I'd like to be able to put either a minimum price of $57,410 or a price range which will allow me to filter out any cars that don't have suede interior. Here's another example. For people who are looking for a Wind AWD with tech package, they might want to put in a minimum price of $53,615 so they can filter out the Wind AWD search results WITHOUT tech package. My second suggested enhancement is also related to the MSRP filter. Instead of just having a slider for price, I'd have a minimum price field (and a maximum price field if you put in the range enhancement) so they can type the prices instead of just using the slider. Of course that means the interface will have to restrict the data input in the fields to just numbers so people can't type invalid amounts.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts