Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have recently contacted by a dealer who is asking $1099 for Kia branded level 2 charger in addition to MSRP.
Is it worth to pay for the charger?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE Urban Yellow
95 Posts
Thanks, Dont know why they are forcing me to buy that.
Because some people either have money to burn or don't know enough to ask around?
There are several threads on this forum about EVSE cables (aka chargers). It's a wide-ranging topic with a lot of considerations. Here is one post that includes a link to a comparison spreadsheet of EVSEs that have been discussed (though far from comprehensive).

You can find EVSEs on Amazon, at CostCo, etc. Prices generally range from $150-700 depending upon features and safety certifications (UL, CE).

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
243 Posts
Thanks, Dont know why they are forcing me to buy that.
Only First Edition reservations had the option to choose the free charger in US. If you're in the US and not a First Edition reservation, your car doesn't come with an EVSE... at all. That said, 1099 is wayyy to much for a level 1. Even the Hyundai-branded one I saw someone from Canada get with their EV6 can be found online for ~$600 and that's still overpriced for a level 1. The Webasto TurboCord dual voltage level1/2 combo can be had at less than $300 shipped and is a quality product and one of the few fully UL-listed EVSE that can easily be verified.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great, Thanks guys for all your inputs. I have denied paying that much for a charger. I will go with Chargepoint Home flex with them for $699 or buy from Amazon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts