Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out a way to play or mirror videos from your iPhone to the EV6?

I’d love to be able to watch Netflix etc on the car’s main screen. After all, 12 inches is better than 6 inches…and we already have the relaxation seats! 😁

I bought a Carlinkit 3 for wireless CarPlay which works well, but there’s no video function.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
I got this unit, using it in the Forte until the EV6 arrives. Just got it today after a month snail mail from China so I am still setting it up. Chose this unit because of its size and that its fully open. So anything on the google playstore can be added and used without restriction. Also has mirror link if needed. Netflix app was already on it when it arrived.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
755 Posts
I got this unit, using it in the Forte until the EV6 arrives. Just got it today after a month snail mail from China so I am still setting it up. Chose this unit because of its size and that its fully open. So anything on the google playstore can be added and used without restriction. Also has mirror link if needed. Netfliz app was already on it when it arrived.

Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got this unit, using it in the Forte until the EV6 arrives. Just got it today after a month snail mail from China so I am still setting it up. Chose this unit because of its size and that its fully open. So anything on the google playstore can be added and used without restriction. Also has mirror link if needed. Netflix app was already on it when it arrived.

Wow..not cheap!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Do you actually know what Netflix and Chill means? :ROFLMAO:
I don't see any reference to the chill part in your post ;)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Has anyone figured out a way to play or mirror videos from your iPhone to the EV6?

I’d love to be able to watch Netflix etc on the car’s main screen. After all, 12 inches is better than 6 inches…and we already have the relaxation seats! 😁

I bought a Carlinkit 3 for wireless CarPlay which works well, but there’s no video function.
I thoughts versions 2 and 3 done screen casting?. As in beam from phone to device from YouTube and Netflix for example? Not working?.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
If your running a version that uses zlink for wireless ACP/AA then yea it does mirroring (screencast)

when you see zlink open to connect, there’s a button , think it’s blue, that you press to go into mirroring mode.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts