Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and its nice to see that other people are excited about the EV6 as much as me. I have reached out to a few dealers in the Charlotte, NC area where I live and both have come back with $7K over MSRP pricing. Has anyone had any luck with dealers selling at MSRP in the South East? Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to the forum; I am up the hill in Asheville and no luck with local/regional dealers. Most have not committed one way or another, but most are at 5k plus. Wish I had a good answer for you. I'm going to spread my search farther afield and if I find a No MSRP dealer, will take a flight there and drive it back.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hendrick Kia in Raleigh is selling at MSRP. When I called they said the owner Mr. Hendrick made it a rule not to mark up MSRP on the car itself, only accessories and upgrades. They also said they were the only Kia dealership in the state that is not adding a mark-up.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Email I just got. Not to happy about the $5k accessory package. I guess it is still better then a base markup that you get nothing for your value.

Thank you for your interest in the new 2022 Kia EV6. We are excited that this vehicle is arriving at dealers soon. We currently are not able to place factory orders, but Kia has allocated several to us to sell on a first come, first serve basis. These will not be first editions since those vehicles have already been allocated and reserved. They are due to arrive in mid-February to mid-March.

The available EV6’s will all come equipped with our Hendrick accessories package of tint, door edge guards, all weather mats, nitrogen, and ceramic coating ($4,445)

The available vehicles are as follows:
Wind RWD:
Runway Red/Black MSRP $48,385
GT-Line RWD:
Aurora black/black MSRP $53,080
Yacht blue/black suede package MSRP $52,880
Snow white pearl/black suede package $53,375
Wind AWD:
Gravity blue/gray MSRP $52,285
Glacier/black MSRP $52,780

·
Registered
82 Posts
Email I just got. Not to happy about the $5k accessory package. I guess it is still better then a base markup that you get nothing for your value.

Thank you for your interest in the new 2022 Kia EV6. We are excited that this vehicle is arriving at dealers soon. We currently are not able to place factory orders, but Kia has allocated several to us to sell on a first come, first serve basis. These will not be first editions since those vehicles have already been allocated and reserved. They are due to arrive in mid-February to mid-March.

The available EV6’s will all come equipped with our Hendrick accessories package of tint, door edge guards, all weather mats, nitrogen, and ceramic coating ($4,445)

The available vehicles are as follows:
Wind RWD:
Runway Red/Black MSRP $48,385
GT-Line RWD:
Aurora black/black MSRP $53,080
Yacht blue/black suede package MSRP $52,880
Snow white pearl/black suede package $53,375
Wind AWD:
Gravity blue/gray MSRP $52,285
Glacier/black MSRP $52,780
I live in Cary, NC, and will be looking to order a Wind AWD. Once factory orders can be made, I'll check with Hendrick and the other dealers and see if they will order for MSRP, and without requiring dealer add ons. I don't want to spend my time talking to them before an order can actually be made.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hendrick Kia in Raleigh is selling at MSRP. When I called they said the owner Mr. Hendrick made it a rule not to mark up MSRP on the car itself, only accessories and upgrades. They also said they were the only Kia dealership in the state that is not adding a mark-up.
Great news. I will give them a call. Well done to Mr. Hendrick's!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I live in Cary, NC, and will be looking to order a Wind AWD. Once factory orders can be made, I'll check with Hendrick and the other dealers and see if they will order for MSRP, and without requiring dealer add ons. I don't want to spend my time talking to them before an order can actually be made.
I am in the same boat. Did not push back on the add-ons since they did not have the car I wanted. I am hoping that they will open orders after they have their super bowl commercial. I am open to having some add-ons, but not at those prices.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am in the same boat. Did not push back on the add-ons since they did not have the car I wanted. I am hoping that they will open orders after they have their super bowl commercial. I am open to having some add-ons, but not at those prices.
Yep, it would be different if the dealer add-ons were in the $1000ish range, but $4500 is quite another thing entirely....and there is nothing in the list you really want or need, except for the ceramic coating, which could be a good thing, but at that price point, no thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, I today went to Coastal Kia in Wilmington, and drove an Matte Grey FE EV. Its unsold an can be bought for 10K above Sticker. I went and said that I would split difference 5K but no go. It's a beast and really cool. If interested see tomorrow and ask for Brandon Wright. This car came in on the truck about 1 hour before

I drove it, still had most of the shipping protection material attached.I am going to order mine when the dealer can place a custom order at Hendrick Kia of Cary, put down $1000.00 and pick up in 6 or 7 months.. Hope this helps someone get a first edition.

·
Registered
131 Posts
So I went into Hendrick Kia and spoke to them about the extra add-ons. They said only the cars they are getting in themselves will have this attached to the MSRP. If you order from the factory then they will sell straight MSRP with no extra tacked on. They also had a FE out front that they said they have to wait until next weekend to let the owner pick it up. Was the Glacier color which seemed like more a beige then white. Could not go inside of it though since it was already spoken for.

·
Registered
82 Posts
So I went into Hendrick Kia and spoke to them about the extra add-ons. They said only the cars they are getting in themselves will have this attached to the MSRP. If you order from the factory then they will sell straight MSRP with no extra tacked on. They also had a FE out front that they said they have to wait until next weekend to let the owner pick it up. Was the Glacier color which seemed like more a beige then white. Could not go inside of it though since it was already spoken for.
Thanks for the update, that is good to hear. Once ordering opens up, I'll pay them a visit

·
Registered
Matte Gray EV6, Nissan Leaf (2013)
227 Posts
Did you get a peek at the "green" upholstery? I'm wondering if it's just a little piping or trim vs. yuck?

·
Registered
Matte Gray EV6, Nissan Leaf (2013)
227 Posts
Go over to the EV6 group on Facebook and there’s a guy that has pictures up of his Glacier White with green interior.

It’s different for sure. Part of the lower door panel was that green too I think.
thanks MM,there’s also a video just posted in This forum

1 - 20 of 63 Posts