Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's a great Plate, clever thinking (y)I bought this one thinking "V" for Volts or "V" for Vehicle, but I'm not ordering a Kia now, so I'm open to any reasonable offer as I'm not buying an EV6 now, so I'd rather someone else enjoy it:)
Rectangle Font Electric blue Vehicle registration plate Graphics

·
Registered
968 Posts
The dealer I got mine from in Fife got me a plate with my initials in it something like below, it will have WHZ anyway, not sure what the start will be, I made a guess :), thanks to Kia for the consideration, although I plan on getting my own plate soon, maybe join the EV6 plate owners, also getting some hex plates made up as I did with my Audi.

Nice touch on the EV6 in the plate though guys, the way things are going the EV section of the plate is really relevant as we will all be driving EVs soon enough :) and can easily be taken to another car (EV I hope)

Some advice, please.... I see all EVs have a green section on the plates, is this required by law?

Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel
Automotive exterior Font Publication Auto part Automotive tire

·
Registered
209 Posts
The dealer I got mine from in Fife got me a plate with my initials in it something like below, it will have WHZ anyway, not sure what the start will be, I made a guess :), thanks to Kia for the consideration, although I plan on getting my own plate soon, maybe join the EV6 plate owners, also getting some hex plates made up as I did with my Audi.

Nice touch on the EV6 in the plate though guys, the way things are going the EV section of the plate is really relevant as we will all be driving EVs soon enough :) and can easily be taken to another car (EV I hope)

Some advice, please.... I see all EVs have a green section on the plates, is this required by law?

View attachment 1091 View attachment 1092
Well you're breaking the law with those plates anyhow.....so why worry ;)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Well you're breaking the law with those plates anyhow.....so why worry ;)
Just on the green section of the plate, this is not a legal requirement for EVs to have, it is an option to use to show you drive a zero-emissions car I found out today.

On the shaped plates topic, Hex shaped in this case, I thought they were legal based on some investigation online?, here is an example https://www.utopiaplates.co.uk/shop/hex-plates, they say road legal, MOT and BSAU 145E approved, other sites say the same, Hex Plates | Lambo Number Plates | Number 1 Plates (DVLA registered company as well)

From the site above https://www.utopiaplates.co.uk/shop/hex-plates

Legality
Road legal plate styles:

Please note that by law we include our company name, postcode and BSAU number on the plate. The font style for all our plates is Charles Wright which is the legal UK road font, compliant with the law. The DVLA confirm that three-dimensional characters are legal and compliant with road laws, this includes ‘4D’ number plates, as 4D is only an industry-standard name, and they are still classed as three-dimensional.
From Hex Plates | Lambo Number Plates | Number 1 Plates

Do we make Hex-plates?

Yes. Each lambo shaped number-plate is professionally manufactured by our in-house team, the plates are designed with cutting-edge laser technology and styled by our design team. We are happy to accept ‘personal’ requests in regards to the design of the plate – just get in touch with our customer service who will be more than happy to help you out.

Are they legal?

Here at Number1Plates, we pride ourselves on the fact that every plate we send out is 100% road legal and MOT acceptable. As a DVLA registered company, we ensure our customers that they can feel safe and happy when ordering through us. Of course with different styles and different opinions, it can be quite confusing as to whether a plate style is legal or not. Luckily, the Hex-plate is one of the many that IS legal!
Maybe they are illegal, do you know something that would suggest they are illegal to use?, I have seen a few cars in Scotland/London with them already, Also, noticed a police channel on YouTube helping people understand the legalities of 4D plates, they are legal along with shaped plates as long as they stick to DVLA guidelines:

It seems ok for other car types to get shaped plates, hex just seems to be a new style recently.

Automotive tire Font Parallel Symmetry Rectangle

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just on the green section of the plate, this is not a legal requirement for EVs to have, it is an option to use to show you drive a zero-emissions car I found out today.

On the shaped plates topic, Hex shaped in this case, I thought they were legal based on some investigation online?, here is an example https://www.utopiaplates.co.uk/shop/hex-plates, they say road legal, MOT and BSAU 145E approved, other sites say the same, Hex Plates | Lambo Number Plates | Number 1 Plates (DVLA registered company as well)

From the site above https://www.utopiaplates.co.uk/shop/hex-plates

From Hex Plates | Lambo Number Plates | Number 1 Plates

Maybe they are illegal, do you know something that would suggest they are illegal to use?, I have seen a few cars in Scotland/London with them already, Also, noticed a police channel on YouTube helping people understand the legalities of 4D plates, they are legal along with shaped plates as long as they stick to DVLA guidelines:

It seems ok for other car types to get shaped plates, hex just seems to be a new style recently.

View attachment 1096
Spacing between numbers and last three letters is wrong. I'm not bothered, just stating a fact :)

·
Registered
968 Posts
No worries Andy, thank you for the concern though, I find it is always worth checking and gaining feedback from others as we wouldn't want to break the law :)
The concept I shared above, was of course mocked up in Photoshop, it wasn't an actual real plate being ordered or it would be illegal right? :). I suspect a DVLA registered registration plate maker would keep the spacing right.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Moon - Passed on my FE
143 Posts
I am so glad I live in a state that does not require front plates. I really dislike them and they change the look of the front end as it was originally designed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts