Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a definitive number on the airbag count on the EV6? Will it vary by region?

I see that the UK spec car only lists:

• Twin front airbags
  • Twin side airbags
  • Front centre airbag

It's a little lacking in detail aside from the obvious front centre airbag and the dual front airbags (presumably with front occupant detection system and multi-stage deployment). I'm hoping it'll have a driver's knee airbag on the North American specification.

I see that the VW ID.4 in North America only has 6 airbags (dual front, dual front side and side curtain airbags). I realise the bare minimum is dual front airbags by law but manufacturers have been adding more around the car for added protection (knee airbags, rear side airbags, Toyota even has a front passenger seat bottom airbag to reduce submarining in the event of a collision but that's lower on the priority for me - if you're wearing your seatbelt properly, you should be fine).

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
309 Posts
@KiaevCan , I don't expect a knee airbag due to the lack of an ICE and transmission up front. The dash is far enough away to not be of benefit.

As for US law, the requirement in America is SIX (front driver/passenger, side driver/passenger, curtain driver/passenger). The center airbag intrigues me.... LOL

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@KiaevCan , I don't expect a knee airbag due to the lack of an ICE and transmission up front. The dash is far enough away to not be of benefit.

As for US law, the requirement in America is SIX (front driver/passenger, side driver/passenger, curtain driver/passenger). The center airbag intrigues me.... LOL
Thanks! Ohh, I always thought it was for protection from intrusion of the lower dash (plastic hurts at when it's hurled at your knees!).

Oh good to know. I just remember it being a very basic law and it was the manufacturers that took it upon themselves to add more (Dead customers can't buy more vehicles, is what I'm guessing they're thinking).

Yeah. I didn't think head banging was an issue but I guess it was a large enough issue for Kia to include it. Hope to never find out how it works!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts