Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

First post here. If I am lucky enough to get a EV charger NEATLY installed at home I will pull the trigger on a EV6 purchase.

Until then, I have watched countless videos.

One thing i noticed was the lack of puddle lights, which can be purchased as an accessory.

Has anyone purchased the puddle lights ? For those who have not, is the wiring and LED "socket" there ? Does it need to be done by a dealer ?

Still not sure how affective the silhouette light is, perhaps some of the lucky owners can take some nice nighttime shots of the KIA with its welcome lights :)

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,801 Posts
The puddle lights as far as I am aware are a dealer fit option and at the price offered its easier just to let them fit them.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
230 Posts
You can buy and install yourself if your handy. However, they only come on when the door is open. And I seem to remember there are a few caveats about which car models or features required. Check out this site.

·
Registered
36 Posts
wow, I would have totally missed that note

Only for vehicles with AUTO UP/DOWN window function on both sides of the front doors.
I'm searching thru the brochures and manuals I've got and I can't figure out if the (Canadian) Wind RWD is equipped with Auto UP/DOWN windows...
The closest thing to it I've found in the documentation is Express up/down front windows; not sure if it's relating to the same thing

·
Registered
496 Posts
I believe "express up/down windows" is "one-touch" operation--i.e., push the window button all the way down or up then release it so that you don't have to hold the button down to open/close the window all the way.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I believe "express up/down windows" is "one-touch" operation--i.e., push the window button all the way down or up then release it so that you don't have to hold the button down to open/close the window all the way.
What might AUTO UP/DOWN mean, then? automatically opens or closes when turning off the car, or something similar maybe?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE Urban Yellow
93 Posts
Has anyone purchased the puddle lights ? For those who have not, is the wiring and LED "socket" there ? Does it need to be done by a dealer ?

Still not sure how affective the silhouette light is, perhaps some of the lucky owners can take some nice nighttime shots of the KIA with its welcome lights :)
This post and following might answer your request.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I chatted to a Kia dealer the other day, they said metal drilling is not involved, they go into the door panel not the bottom of the door, not 100% sure on that... I thought it was the metal that got drilled . Anyway, here ate the new Kia logo ones from Aliexpress, I just ordered from Aliexpress, £9 delivered.
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,801 Posts
Let us know what they are like and lets hope they are as bright as the image shows despite the Kia logo being at a different angle to the open door.

Keep us updated on how well they work.

·
Registered
797 Posts
By the looks of it, they are the same as the Kia K5/Sportage I have seen before, they are adjustable. Very clear as well..... hope they are. Audi ones were crystal clear on my A4. Let's hope they can go into the door card bottom and NOT into the door metal frame :). Maybe take 4 weeks to come!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Logicpro8, you must have more patience or a better search method than me. When I search Aliexpress for Kia EV6 puddle light I am given 900 results, and I have yet to find any puddle lights in the result set. Could you share your search method, and a link to the product you have ordered, please?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Aliexpress is a hit of miss with search, I don't really use it and go by the photos, I actually typed in Kia projector lights. You will get the clip on ones first, but keep clicking the photos you'll find the install ones.

Light Product Font Line Screenshot

1 - 20 of 42 Posts