Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm anticipating the arrival of the EV6 in my area in the Chicago suburbs. I see that all models arriving next month are AWD. I'd prefer the extra range with the RWD edition, just wondering if dealers will be ordering them?

I assume they won't because of the lower resell value in the area? Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The first ones arriving will be the special first edition which are awd by definition.

I think you'll eventually see a rwd here and there in the Midwest. That's just based on what EVs I've seen listed over the last several months in WI. I've seen some rwd mach E. I've also seen Niro EV without the cold weather package.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Where do you "see" this?
Argh,

I misspoke. I've been staring at the screen too long. The Ioniq 5s arriving in my area are all AWD. The Hyundai site has an API you can query with postman and it returns a JSON file of all the Ioniq 5s coming in your area. Delivery dates on the Hyundai API

edit
For example, here's a query of 1600 Ioniq 5s coming to the US, not one is a RWD Limited: ioniq 5 dealer markup list

Nevertheless, I've only seen Mach-e and other EVs coming in AWD.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
755 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm anticipating the arrival of the EV6 in my area in the Chicago suburbs. I see that all models arriving next month are AWD. I'd prefer the extra range with the RWD edition, just wondering if dealers will be ordering them?

I assume they won't because of the lower resell value in the area? Thanks.
Hey there @tusc, happy Monday and welcome to the forum!

Yes Sir, you will be able to order EV6 in RWD here in the midwest.

MurlinatoR

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey there @tusc, happy Monday and welcome to the forum!

Yes Sir, you will be able to order EV6 in RWD here in the midwest.

MurlinatoR
Thanks for the reply @MurlinatoR

I’m just wondering now if it’s worth ordering an RWD, given that the heat pump and battery heater are only in the AWD option. It doesn’t appear you can add those to RWD configs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts